Young Hyson- Loose Tea in Signature Tea Tin

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by kbr182

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #38 A tasty enough green tea, but it would be lost in the sea of mediocre green teas for me. It has unique packaging though! And I love seeing unique teas...” Read full tasting note

From Oliver Pluff & Company

Young Hyson- Loose Tea in Signature Tea Tin

Description: Green tea. Made from young leaves that are thinly rolled to have a long, twisted appearance that unfurls when brewed.

Notes: Full-bodied, warm, plum-like tones, spring-like in flavor. Young Hyson (picked in spring) is considered a higher quality tea than Hyson.

History: Some believe it to have been named after an English tea merchant, Phillip Hyson. Hyson and Young Hyson tea were highly prized by the colonial Americans and tax on hyson was higher than for other teas. During the Boston Tea Party there were 70 chests of Hyson destroyed.

Size/Weight: 4oz loose tea, sealed in glossy black signature tea tin

Shelf Life: 24 Months

Packaged in Charleston, South Carolina

About Oliver Pluff & Company View company

1 Tasting Note

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #38
A tasty enough green tea, but it would be lost in the sea of mediocre green teas for me. It has unique packaging though! And I love seeing unique teas in the teabox.

gmathis

How coincidental—I just drank my first cup of an Oliver Pluff (gift from one of my sixth graders). I just like saying Oliver Pluff. Doesn’t that sound like a character in a Dickens novel?

tea-sipper

YES – the names Dickens uses are always fun.