Organic Assam Black Tea

High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

From OLLT co

Product description not available yet.

About OLLT co View company

I brought last month’s sipsby box to work and forgot about it, and today I really needed SOMETHING and I didn’t want to get a soda (saving soda time for dinner!) and thus, I’m drinking this (also in the box is “pomegranate mojito” from zest tea? I dunno about that one).

the lil bag that this came in said to brew it for 4 minutes @ 212F and that seemed like…too much. I don’t know the temp of the water, but I turned on my kettle and kept working for a while before pouring over the leaves. I also only brewed for about 3 minutes and it is malty/bready perfection. I have hit/or misses with assam and I think it’s mostly due to the fact that I use too hot water and it gets so bitter. this is delicious though.

Tabby

I thought this one was really nice, too! And yeah, 4 minutes is definitely too long.

First hot tea of the season. Also time to bring the succulents in. Gotta find places for them all…

For some reason, I expected a more harsh experience with this tea. But no, it’s very smooth. I’m tasting notes of bread crust, hay, and stone fruit (faintly). There’s also a kind of malty, buttery note that I’m liking a lot.

…I would add more, but I’m hungover and my brain does not want to work.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Hay, Malt, Stonefruits

A very pleasant, smooth black tea. Not prone to coppery aftertaste unless severely over brewed, and holds for 2-3 re-steeps.