DETOX Japonaise • Japanese

Green Tea
Natural Pear Flavor, Rose Petals, Sencha
Baked Bread, Floral, Grain, Grass, Pear, Rose, Smooth, Sweet, Umami, Green, Salty
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Thanks to Roswell Strange for a sample of this tea! Unfortunately, I think I overleafed or oversteeped it – it was quite potent, and tasted heavily flavoured, somewhat floral. I’ll have to give it...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s been a while since I last had this tea, but it was a delightful selection for an evening “relaxing” cuppa last night after I got home from work. I’ve been having headaches off and on for the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Palais des Thés Advent Calendar – Day 5 Ooh, this is one of the Detox blends that I most wanted to try. I happen to love Asian pears (nashi) and it sounds like an interesting combination with...” Read full tasting note
  • “When I bought some teas at Le Palais des Thés shop at Tours, I got a sample of another of the blends in the DETOX range. On the teabag it says : “Japanese detox, a delicious recipe combining the...” Read full tasting note

From Palais des Thes

Japanese DETOX is a delicious recipe combining the detox benefits of Sencha green tea, spirulina, and buckwheat with soothing notes of nashi pear. This perfect choice for a relaxing break can be enjoyed both hot and iced.

In Japanese culture, it is important to take time for oneself, to re-centre one’s thoughts and protect oneself against the daily turmoil and stress, which are considered toxic.
In Japan, purifying the body means seeking relaxation.

This delicate blend is made up of:

green teas from China and Japan: known for its detoxifying properties, green tea is very rich in catechins — antioxidants that help regulate weight — and caffeine that gently flushes out toxins and excess water.
spirulina: Japan is the world’s biggest consumer of these microscopic algae that is also known as a superfood. It is very rich in iron, vitamins, amino acids and minerals. This detox essential contains a super-antioxidant — phycocyanin — which helps the liver flush out toxins and acts as a natural anti-inflammatory.
buckwheat: this healthy gluten-free cereal is regularly consumed as an infusion and in soba noodles in Japan. It is in flavonoid with antioxidant properties and has detoxifying qualities. It also has a high magnesium content, a good de-stressor that supports muscular relaxation.
nashi pear: one of the few typically Japanese fruit with subtle aroma that is a cross between apple and pear. Its sweet, soothing notes give the final touch to this blend.

This tea is made up of ingredients grown organically and has several organic certifications: AB label, EU certified organic food label, Ecocert organic certification, USDA Organic label.

Sencha green tea° (Japan, China) (75%), buckwheat° (15%), natural pear flavor (5%), spirulina° (3%), rose petals°.

°Organically grown ingredients

About Palais des Thes View company

Thanks to Roswell Strange for a sample of this tea! Unfortunately, I think I overleafed or oversteeped it – it was quite potent, and tasted heavily flavoured, somewhat floral. I’ll have to give it another shot when paying more attention!

It’s been a while since I last had this tea, but it was a delightful selection for an evening “relaxing” cuppa last night after I got home from work. I’ve been having headaches off and on for the last two weeks, and last night’s was really bad so all I wanted to do was having a nice, long soak in the tub and then hide in my room with a warm cup of tea and all of the light’s off, in complete silence.

This was very smooth, with a more floral/perfumed pear flavour and hints of very relaxing rose – sort of like my own “spa day” in tea form. I really, really love pear teas; and in particular I tend to enjoy the more dewy, juicy and floral pear notes often used in European blends (sweet/bright or creamy pear are also good though!) and so this really hit the spot. I certainly felt very zen/calm and while my headache didn’t go away, it was tolerable which is still a win in my books!

Palais des Thés Advent Calendar – Day 5

Ooh, this is one of the Detox blends that I most wanted to try. I happen to love Asian pears (nashi) and it sounds like an interesting combination with buckwheat.

Hmm. This tastes more floral than I expected, given that there are only rose petals included and no floral flavoring. I’m not sure if it’s the pear flavoring that’s tasting floral or what… It’s not overwhelming, but it does sort of taste like rose or violet candies a bit? Which throws me off. I do get the soft Asian pear notes – more delicate and subtle than the usual pear. And I think I can taste the buckwheat? There is a light grain-y note that comes out at the end of the sip – not a roasted grain, actually it reminds me more of bread dough (in a good way). The base tea is very mild and a touch grassy, with soft umami notes accented by the spirulina.

Overall, it’s a very soft and subtle blend.

Unfortunately, the rose detracts from the overall flavor in my opinion, as it overpowers the pear a little bit. And I don’t like rose even at the best of times, so… Sad panda. Still good, but not one that I’ll order.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Floral, Grain, Grass, Pear, Rose, Smooth, Sweet, Umami

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
Dustin

Asian pears?! That sounds like a tea Lupicia should do!

When I bought some teas at Le Palais des Thés shop at Tours, I got a sample of another of the blends in the DETOX range. On the teabag it says : “Japanese detox, a delicious recipe combining the detox benefits of Sencha green tea, spirulina”(a type of seeweed)“, and buckwheat. This delicate blend features soothing notes of nashi pear, making it the perfect choice for a relaxing break.”
I must say this blend combines almost perfectly a delicate fragrance in nose with a subtly complex drink in mouth. No aroma or flavour overwhelms the whole experience, which makes this a wonderful choice for a dreamy afternoon tea. I received a (long) phone call when I hadn´t finished my mug of tea yet, so I also had the opportunity to sip the cold infusion…which is still OK, although “flatter” in taste profile.

Flavors: Green, Pear, Salty