No. 313 Kumano

Green Tea
Green Tea
Chestnut, Grass, Spinach, Sweet, Tropical, Seaweed, Sweet, Warm Grass, Umami, Vegetal
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Hris

• “Sipdown (692)! Finished this one off as a pot of tea; it was fine but not greatly my thing. Pretty smooth, light to medium bodied but a little too grassy in general to really mesh with my own...” Read full tasting note
  • “The wet leaf has strong aroma of spinach, green grass and sweet chestnut. Those are also prominent in the taste but there is also a second layer of sweetness and hints of tropical fruit that coat...” Read full tasting note

From Paper & Tea

Gentle Japanese green tea with a fresh and grassy note
fresh, fruity, grassy

Mie, Japan

No. Infusions 4
Amount (tsp. / ml) 1 ½ / 250
Temperature 60-70 °C

Our whole-leaf philosophy serves us well, but naturally every rule has a wonderful exception: This kukicha-style blend of stems and leaf veins from first-class senchas and gyokuros packs less caffeine but loads of fruity full-bodied flavor to delight each and every day.

NOTES
fresh, fruity, grassy
INGREDIENTS
Organic green tea
CERTIFICATION
Organic Bio

About Paper & Tea View company

Sipdown (692)!

Finished this one off as a pot of tea; it was fine but not greatly my thing. Pretty smooth, light to medium bodied but a little too grassy in general to really mesh with my own tastes. I’d say though, of the kukicha I’ve tried, this is either solidly in the middle or just slightly above in terms of quality.

The wet leaf has strong aroma of spinach, green grass and sweet chestnut. Those are also prominent in the taste but there is also a second layer of sweetness and hints of tropical fruit that coat the tongue and linger there. A very interesting combination of flavors.

Flavors: Chestnut, Grass, Spinach, Sweet, Tropical