No. 325 Tiger Rock Wu Lu

Floral, Green Beans, Nutty, Broth, Peas, Smooth, Sweet, Umami
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář

From Paper & Tea

Organic green tea with a vibrant character and a creamy texture
nutty, sweet, snap peas

Zhejiang, China

No. Infusions 2
Amount (tsp. / ml) 4g (1 tsp) / 250ml
Temperature 70°C

“As the old Chinese saying goes, ""yun wu chu ha cha"" – ""where there is cloud & mist, there is bound to be good tea."" Zhejiang province is a lush mountainous terrain blanketed with a mystical mist in the early mornings of harvest; this gives our Tiger Rock Wu Lu its famous smooth and fragrant character. "

NOTES
nutty, sweet, snap peas
INGREDIENTS
Pure green tea
CERTIFICATION
Organic Bio

About Paper & Tea View company

It must be spring. Why? I craved green tea. I looked to my green tea box and I found only a few small pouches. And I was craving receiving new teas. Because it makes me happy somehow. Tea mail! It has arrived yesterday and even I took a bit of Yuzu Midori (yes, I know, I shall share some with you derk, as I know you love yuzu, and I will).

Anyway I was more attentive today to this tea, which is actually tea I already had so I know how I should prepare this tea nd how it is suppossed to taste like. But I have a plenty to enjoy… 50 grams – 1 heaped teaspoon I have used today.

It is very similar to the December experience — sweet, quite full of umami this time, sugar peas, smooth and a little broth like. Brews acid green, but it made me smile today as after-work tea. It has got nice caffeine boost as I have been sleepy before and I am not anymore.

I can’t wait to try gongfu it as well.

Flavors: Broth, Peas, Smooth, Sweet, Umami

Leafhopper

Sounds good! Is this from 2022? I always crave fresh spring green tea, even though I then sometimes let it sit in my tea museum for years.

derk

Fresh greens are the best :) And that Yuzu Midori sounds awesome.

Martin Bednář

Sadly they did not say from which harvest it is. But based on best before date (and usual 2 years shelf life), it seems it is actually fresh one! I will add a sample to your box Leafhopper, so you could try it as well.

derk I agree, though it has been ages since a I had tea fresh as this one. I am still sipping down the samples from White Antlers. But it|s fine. I was a little disappointed about Yuzu Midori, but it may be only wrong steeping parameters.

Leafhopper

Glad to hear the green tea is probably from this year, and thanks for offering to send a sample!

Adventaggedon Day 16: Tea 6/8

Another revisit from a tea featured earlier in the advent! I brewed this up honestly probably a bit too strong but I mostly just wanted to get it out of the way for the day. While this brought out a decent amount of bitterness it also pulled out a really strong green bean note that I found surprisingly enjoyable. So pros and cons to that decision, for sure.