Canoe Lake Blend

Black Rooibos Blend
Black Tea, Calendula Petals, Cocoa, Cornflower Petals, Jasmine, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Rooibos, Safflower Petals, Sunflowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

From Pluck

Notes of caramel, maple sugar, and pine smoke interwine in this rooibos and black tea blend. Memories of campfires and sugar shacks… a truly Canadian blend.

About Pluck View company

From last Sunday…

It’s also been a while since I last had this tea, but something compelled me last Sunday to get out of the house and go for a walk so I made this in a travel mug and took a walk to a part of my neighborhood that I hadn’t explored yet. I chose this tea in particular because I wasn’t a little caffeine but not a lot – and this is a perfect solution to that problem!

It was actually a nice walk; cool air and a gentle breeze but not cold. Having a thermos of warm tea obviously helped as well. Not my favourite tea, but this wasn’t a terrible cup. Sort of a weak/mild maple and smoke with a woody undertone; definitely fitting for a name like “Canoe Lake” and appropriate for a walk to the park.

I’d actually not been to this park before (as mentioned I explored a new area of my neighborhood) but it was pretty nice! Decently sized, with some play structures, a large soccer field, and lots of trees. The most exciting part though was finding a pool! I really love swimming – and when I lived at the condo building in Regina I loved that we had a private pool for tenants. I was swimming there literally every day, until the sexist desk attendant/pool attendant told me I couldn’t anymore unless I wore “proper swim attire”. I was wearing swim trunks and a tank top, instead of a woman’s swimsuit – something that the men who used the pool ALSO wore. I did call her out on the sexism, and she told me I could take it up with the condo board but she wouldn’t change her mind without them overriding the decision. I never brought it up, because the condo board already HATED my roommates (noise complaints…) and I didn’t want to cause more conflict. So I just stopped swimming…

Anyway; the point is that as long as this public pool isn’t equally sexist and as long as I don’t have to pay to swim then I think I will be swimming a lot this summer! Very nice to have a pool so close by…

Mastress Alita

I would be very pissed off by that sexism. Swim trunks and a tank top is my preferred swim attire too.

This blend has a list of ingredients a mile long, meant to remind you of campfires and sugar shacks, I found that most were lost in the mix. I got smoke and maple but it was thick and maybe even a bit stale tasting.

Check out my full review here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/09/06/canoe-lake-blend/

Fjellrev

Yikes, not appealing at all.