Mindful Morning Blend

Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Andy Hayes
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Plum Deluxe

The mindful morning blend is the Plum Deluxe take on classic Earl Grey.

Everyone loves Earl Grey, but we found a way to make it even better so that we can start every day with a tea blend that is truly luxurious. We began with our absolute favorite black tea, Ceylon – it is a tea from Sri Lanka that has a gentle vanilla flavor to it. We then added a tiny pinch of sweet honey, a bit of flavor and color with the cornflowers, and topped it off with the bergamot oil that makes earl grey so famous. The orange peels give it a final flavor boost.

All Plum Deluxe teas are hand-blended and infused with love in Portland, Oregon.

About Plum Deluxe View company

Been enjoying this the past few mornings with a splash of cream.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

A nice light Earl Grey. This has quickly become my go to morning blend!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Received this as my second tea in this month’s Plum deluxe package. I loved it! My bf loved it! I think this will be a new staple for us. I am not always the biggest fan of Earl Greys. The bergamot oil that is used (to me) overwhelms the tea. But that is not the case here. This tea is incredible. Sweet, creamy, with a citrus twist and just a hint of the bergamot oils. I can’t recommend Andy and his crew at Plum Deluxe enough. (Shae I’ll be sending you some of this in your next box-if my bf leaves us any)

In other news, the bf has started a blog for me that we are going to share. It is going to combine my love of tea and horror/sci fi related fun in one spot plus all my other ramblings and polka-dotted interests. He had a blog a couple years ago and has been wanting to set me up. Yesterday we talked again about a name and he came up with the name and by the time I knew what was going on, CuppaGeek was born.

Woohoo. Another fun project for me! It is still in the baby stage but we are having fun customizing it and if nothing else, this is something we do together. And with having 4 kids between us, having something that is just ours is rare.

Flavors: Bergamot, Orange, Sweet, Vanilla

TeaNTees

Awesome! :)

Backlog:

I had this a couple of times. The first time I brewed it, I neglected to shake the pouch so that I could evenly distribute the little honey crystals that are in it. They do settle so this is one that I recommend giving a good shake so that you can get some of those crystals in your tea.

Typically, I don’t really like it when a tea company sweetens a tea for me. I want to be the one who decides if my tea should be sweetened or not. But I do like the little touch of honey that the crystals bring to this. I probably wouldn’t have added honey to this otherwise, so those crystals do bring a hint of flavor.

As I say in my full-length review of this tea: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/11/17/mindful-morning-blend-from-plum-deluxe/ this is a nice spin on the classic Earl Grey.

The black tea base is a smooth, medium-bodied Ceylon. I taste hints of malt. There is some astringency to this, but it’s mild and doesn’t detract from the enjoyment.

The bergamot isn’t super strong here, but I do get a nice, tangy bergamot note. The notes of vanilla soften the bergamot a bit, and the combination of vanilla and bergamot offers a slight caramel-y flavor. And I think that’s where the honey in this blend really shines. The honey with the caramel-y tones is quite nice.

A really nice blend.

Veronica

Ooh, sounds interesting! I like the idea if honey in a Earl Grey blend.

donkeyteaarrrraugh

I just received my first sample from Teavana (I ordered my mom her favorite teas from there) and it is oolong/mate chai with rock sugar. I felt the same way about it being presweetened…. I’m not THAT lazy folks! :)

Roswell Strange

DAVIDsTEA has done this a few times as well with Stevia and Rock Sugar; I have the same feeling as you all about it.

LiberTEAS

An Oolong Mate Chai? That sounds pretty unusual! I don’t see the need to presweeten with either stevia or rock sugar because these elements only add sweetness, no other profile to the flavor … other than ‘sugar’ flavor. Whereas honey, that’s a profile. That’s a real flavor, not just a sweetener, and I found that with this Mindful Morning blend, really that’s what the honey did. It didn’t overly sweeten the cup, but it did add a touch of honey-esque flavor.

A fun twist on Earl Grey! This EG is more on the sweet orange side, with a creamy base and a touch of honey. The bergamont is a low to moderate level and more sweet orange mandarin like. The blend is a little sweet (as there is honey in it) with a brisk finish. I love the orange and cream flavor to this EG, very nice!

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/reading-nook-mindful-morning-tea-plum-deluxe-tea-review/

Cameron B.

Sounds delish. :D

Andy Hayes

Great review – thanks!

Oh Poo! My teapot skills are terrible. I wanted to share this with my son this morning, so I made a pot full. A pretty insignificant pot full. Yesterday’s mug was so wonderful. I thought I added enough leaf today, but obviously not. I should have just brewed individual mugs. I know how to do that. Next time. Then he stomped me in Mario Kart 8. Finally, as he walked out the door he pocketed my Periwinkle tea. Hmmph! :)

Kittenna

:o That boy! Hahaha.

tea-sipper

Aw, I’ve been wishing I could play Mario kart 8!

cookies

Your family stories are always so cute.

Tabby

Have you guys gotten the DLC? We’re loving the multi-colored Yoshies. :D

K S

With rural internet you have to be real protective of what you download. 1Gb is a lot of download. Is it worth it? My wife always uses Yoshie.

gmathis

I’ll take Princess Peach, thank you :)

This is a special Earl Grey. It is the Earl Grey you expect and love, but better.

Very nice. Sort of like an Earl Grey but not as strong on the bergamot and with an extra bit of creaminess. It’s lovely with cream, of course!

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream