Full Moon Chai

Black Chai Blend
Organic Black Tea, Organic Cardamon Seeds, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves, Organic Ginger
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by TreeGal
Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 20 oz / 591 ml

• “Chai might be my favorite kind of tea. I love the variety of its spices and the bold flavor. Full Moon Chai adds a new twist on chai, adding a splash of vanilla and “butternut” flavoring. At...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a strong, true chai to me. It is very heavy on cloves, and very light on the cardamom and cinnamon. (Cinnamon is more evident as it cools, but still evasive.) I suspect it would be great...” Read full tasting note

From Plum Deluxe

Full Moon Chai was one of our original blends, now back with even more creative energy. We’ve taken our classic, signature masala chai and added a splash of vanilla butternut extract. This simple twist adds a depth, warmth, and vibrancy to your traditional chai, and also gives the flavor a hint of sweetness and creaminess without having to add lots of sugar or milk (though we do like this blend prepared as a traditional masala chai or chai latte).

It makes a great pairing for those indoor days where you need something warm and comforting. It’s also a lovely companion for those moments when you need a high-caffeine blend to give you focus and momentum, and it’s even good for a delicious chai cocktail or three!

(Please note ingredients also contain Vanilla Butternut Extract, not available in ingredients dropdown menu.)

About Plum Deluxe View company

At least my bag of this tea, the cloves are the foremost scent, adding some of their almost-dr.pepper sweetness and spice. Other chai favorites, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, are also present, but more relaxed.

The “butternut” flavor comes off as a touch of butterscotch or toffee. This blend isn’t one of Plum Deluxe’s official dessert teas, but it certainly could be.

The blend of sweetness and spice are wonderful, keeping both my nose and sweet tooth happy with every brew.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Cloves, Cream, Ginger, Toffee, Vanilla

Kittenna

Butternut sounds intriguing, for sure! Makes me think butternut squash, though. I’m not sure I would be able to get that association out of my head.

A2ShedsJackson / MrsPremise

Ever had mashed butternut squash with butter and brown sugar? That’s a bit closer to that caramel/brown butter taste.

This is a strong, true chai to me. It is very heavy on cloves, and very light on the cardamom and cinnamon. (Cinnamon is more evident as it cools, but still evasive.) I suspect it would be great brewed as a chai latte or in milk – on its own as a tea, it’s a bit harsh but passable. I’m not going to give a numerical rating at this time as I suspect it’s very different brewed with milk rather than water – the water brewing, I’d probably give it a 65 as it just doesn’t have a great balance.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves