Gratitude Blend (Strawberry Earl Grey)

Bergamot Oil, Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Orange Peels, Raspberry Leaves, Strawberry
Bergamot, Citrus, Cream, Earl Grey, Fruity, Raspberry, Strawberry, Vanilla
High
Edit tea info Last updated by A2ShedsJackson / MrsPremise

1 Tasting Note View all

From Plum Deluxe

We knew from day one that the Plum Deluxe lineup needed a gratitude and appreciation blend. But what would it be? We just couldn’t decide, until one day we accidentally brewed up a cup of strawberry Earl Grey tea. It was love from first sip. This strawberry black tea blend just feels very happy to us — which, combined with the classic Earl Grey note, makes it the perfect dance partner for a gratitude tea.

The fresh fruitiness of the strawberry is balanced by the astringent, toothsome bergamont of the Earl Grey. We use a Ceylon tea base that has a somewhat gentle vanilla to it to help provide body. Despite the two predominant flavors, we wouldn’t call this tea sweet — but it does sip well with a touch of honey or sugar.

About Plum Deluxe View company

1 Tasting Note

I tried this blend in the 2018 advent calendar and was surprised by how much I liked it. When I brewed up a cup, I found myself coming back to my mug again and again to take in the scent and taste. There is still very much the earl grey base with vanilla, citrus, and bergamot. But a drizzle of strawberries makes this feel youthful and joyous, nicely balancing the more traditional earl grey. Brewed black, the tea is delicious, smooth and comforting, and still sweet without being cloying or artificial. As we leave the winter and enter spring and summer, this tea only feels more and more appropriate, perfect for flowery spring tea parties or refreshing iced tea days.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Cream, Earl Grey, Fruity, Raspberry, Strawberry, Vanilla

Frolic

I just subscribed the the Plum Deluxe monthly box, having never tried their teas myself how would you characterize their “style”?

Kittenna

Strawberry EG sounds pretty tasty.

A2ShedsJackson / MrsPremise

@Frolic: Full disclosure, I contributed to the Plum Deluxe blog for a little while, so I might be a little biased. Their teas use quality, natural ingredients to get their desired taste, so they won’t be as in-your-face as some flavored teas that are out there. That is not to say they aren’t flavorful, they are just more natural in taste. For example, I love the fragrant lavender blossoms in their Reading Nook Blend. I’m curious what you’ll think of your first box!