Porch Sippin Pecan

Black Tea, Cinnamon Chips, Pecans, Safflower
Pecan
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Han

• “This was a most comforting cup first thing in the morning. The pecan pieces are definitely the most prevalent flavor, with the cinnamon chips being more in the aftertaste. I enjoyed the cup, but...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was looking into tea subscription services, asking around on my main Facebook group I frequent. It was a pass up between Plum Deluxe and Sipsby, and was going to try Sipsby, based on the fact you...” Read full tasting note

From Plum Deluxe

Sometimes you just want to sit a spell and relax with a cup of tea. Whether that’s on the front porch, back porch – or heck, anywhere, even if you don’t have a porch – our fragrant, delicious pecan tea black tea blend is a brew you’ll want to sink into.

With a base of bold, vibrant, malty Orange Pekoe black tea from India pairs with rich cinnamon chips and actual pecans! The result is a strong tea that brews well whether you like it black, with milk/sugar, iced, or even whipped into a tea latte.

1 tsp for 8 oz, 3-5 minutes

About Plum Deluxe View company

This was a most comforting cup first thing in the morning. The pecan pieces are definitely the most prevalent flavor, with the cinnamon chips being more in the aftertaste. I enjoyed the cup, but would’ve liked a more “pie” like flavor, or even an enhancement in the cinnamon department.

I was looking into tea subscription services, asking around on my main Facebook group I frequent. It was a pass up between Plum Deluxe and Sipsby, and was going to try Sipsby, based on the fact you can create a flavor profile, but I decided I needed to be a little adventurous. Ok, well, kind of. I decided to try out some sample based on flavors I liked, before I bought a box of surprises. Makes me a little nervous, considering I hate rose and lavender flavors.

anyway, a lot of what I like is in the black tea area (hate green, mostly) and I like flavors of nuts, vanilla, maple, apples, cinnamon, blueberry, but I’m willing to try almost anything that isn’t lavender or roses. I haven’t tried any kind of chocolate tea yet, but that’s next on my sample list.

I got a bunch of samples and some bigger bags, and I had a feeling I’d love Porch Sippin’ Pecan. Cinnamon, pecan, can’t really go wrong for me.
I feel like this needs to be brewed stronger than the instructions though, so I suggest 2 teaspoons instead of 1, but that might be because my mug is a little over 10 oz vs. 8 oz.
It’s very good with milk and/or sugar. I use lactose free milk and sugar in the raw with almost all my teas, unless it’s something that needs honey.

It’s a very subtle nutty tea that I imagine would go very well with scones, or shortbreads. Probably would be good with pancakes, and I may even try a dash of maple syrup in it next time. I enjoyed it with my knitting today.

Flavors: Pecan