Porch Sippin Pecan

Black Tea, Cinnamon Chips, Pecans, Safflower
Chocolate, Nutty, Pecan
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Hannah

• “Quarantine life isn’t much different from everyday life as far as my schedule goes, but I do enjoy working from home. A silver lining in all of this uncertainty. Today is a beautiful day so I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Replaying FF7 on my Switch in gleeful anticipation of the PS4 remake. Gamer girl’s gotta game. Anyway. I enjoy nutty teas, but I’ve never had a pecan one. Hazelnut, almond, chestnut, and walnut...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was a most comforting cup first thing in the morning. The pecan pieces are definitely the most prevalent flavor, with the cinnamon chips being more in the aftertaste. I enjoyed the cup, but...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was looking into tea subscription services, asking around on my main Facebook group I frequent. It was a pass up between Plum Deluxe and Sipsby, and was going to try Sipsby, based on the fact you...” Read full tasting note

From Plum Deluxe

Sometimes you just want to sit a spell and relax with a cup of tea. Whether that’s on the front porch, back porch – or heck, anywhere, even if you don’t have a porch – our fragrant, delicious pecan tea black tea blend is a brew you’ll want to sink into.

With a base of bold, vibrant, malty Orange Pekoe black tea from India pairs with rich cinnamon chips and actual pecans! The result is a strong tea that brews well whether you like it black, with milk/sugar, iced, or even whipped into a tea latte.

1 tsp for 8 oz, 3-5 minutes

About Plum Deluxe View company

Quarantine life isn’t much different from everyday life as far as my schedule goes, but I do enjoy working from home. A silver lining in all of this uncertainty. Today is a beautiful day so I have windows and doors open to the back porch, and there are lizards on the sill and bees buzzing around our blueberry bushes. We are truly fortunate to be safe and well at home.

Much like Shanie O Maniac, I find myself lacking the motivation to drink tea lately, though I’m surrounded by it and am working right near the kitchen. I felt determined today to have at least one cup so I pulled this, my final tea from Plum Deluxe, from the bin under our tea cabinet. Yes, we are in overflow.

I’m so grateful to companies like Plum Deluxe who make such an effort to share and introduce us to their teas. They could have done many other things, or nothing at all, but they sent three full-size pouches of tea plus a sample for me to try. This is my last of the bunch.

I’m not sure if this is a chocolate tea, but I taste chocolate. It reminds me of one of those hazelnut-flavored coffees, though I don’t actually taste hazelnut. That’s just the most common nutty flavor I think of when I think flavored coffee. And it is nutty, especially as it cools, but it’s not specifically pecan. I really think coffee drinkers would love this. It’s deep and dark and quite flavorful.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nutty

Boiling 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Replaying FF7 on my Switch in gleeful anticipation of the PS4 remake. Gamer girl’s gotta game. Anyway. I enjoy nutty teas, but I’ve never had a pecan one. Hazelnut, almond, chestnut, and walnut yes, but never pecan. And so, I figured I’d give this a try.

I’m glad I did. I could drink this every day, and in fact I pretty much have since I got it. Both dry and brewed, it smells amazingly good. There’s big chunks of pecan in the tea, and pecan’s the dominant flavor. The cinnamon plays nice in the background and doesn’t overpower it. My only problem is that I’m going through it a little too quickly since I like it so much.

tea-sipper

I was thinking of FF7 the other day… but I’ve never played it. :D

Orphia

It’s one of my favorites, and I’ve replayed it a lot. I might actually be going through it too quickly because I don’t have enough money to properly equip my party, haha.

This was a most comforting cup first thing in the morning. The pecan pieces are definitely the most prevalent flavor, with the cinnamon chips being more in the aftertaste. I enjoyed the cup, but would’ve liked a more “pie” like flavor, or even an enhancement in the cinnamon department.

I was looking into tea subscription services, asking around on my main Facebook group I frequent. It was a pass up between Plum Deluxe and Sipsby, and was going to try Sipsby, based on the fact you can create a flavor profile, but I decided I needed to be a little adventurous. Ok, well, kind of. I decided to try out some sample based on flavors I liked, before I bought a box of surprises. Makes me a little nervous, considering I hate rose and lavender flavors.

anyway, a lot of what I like is in the black tea area (hate green, mostly) and I like flavors of nuts, vanilla, maple, apples, cinnamon, blueberry, but I’m willing to try almost anything that isn’t lavender or roses. I haven’t tried any kind of chocolate tea yet, but that’s next on my sample list.

I got a bunch of samples and some bigger bags, and I had a feeling I’d love Porch Sippin’ Pecan. Cinnamon, pecan, can’t really go wrong for me.
I feel like this needs to be brewed stronger than the instructions though, so I suggest 2 teaspoons instead of 1, but that might be because my mug is a little over 10 oz vs. 8 oz.
It’s very good with milk and/or sugar. I use lactose free milk and sugar in the raw with almost all my teas, unless it’s something that needs honey.

It’s a very subtle nutty tea that I imagine would go very well with scones, or shortbreads. Probably would be good with pancakes, and I may even try a dash of maple syrup in it next time. I enjoyed it with my knitting today.

Flavors: Pecan