Custard Apple (Cherimoya) Herbal Tea

Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 20 oz / 591 ml

• “Y’all! It took basically all of my braincells tonight (all seven of them), but I finally managed to focus enough to clear through the queue of tasting notes that I wanted to write about today… I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tangy, like a sour apple, sweet like a pineapple, and creamy with a a fragrance of banana is how I characterize the cherimoya. While this tea is not an exact replicate, its flavor profile is right...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks for the samples, Plum Deluxe! I’ve never had a custard apple before, so I can’t attest to how much like one this tastes. If they’re anything like this tea though, I’d be happy to try one....” Read full tasting note

From Plum Deluxe

When thinking about a great apple flavored herbal tea, we decided to give it a twist by adding a custard apple (cherimoya). This is an Asian fruit (pronounced share-moy-ya) that is more commonly known as a custard because of its taste. Think of a creamy green apple with a simple, clean, not overly sweet finish. It’s the perfect herbal tea for after dinner or a calming pick-me-up.

About Plum Deluxe View company

I had this one late in the afternoon, and it was also a really damn good mug of tea! It’s been a long time since I last had cherimoya so the flavour isn’t really fresh in my mind, and it’s not something I had a strong familiarity with either. However, I think this is pretty on track with what I do remember it tasting like? It’s sort of sweet, bright and a little bit juicy golden yellow and crisp green apple meets a hint of fresh, sweet custard with a silky/creamy mouthfeel. This also has some type of mild warming spice element, which I actually felt like amplified some of the fresh sweetness of the blend and added an element of a “baked” fruit/apple type of vibe too.

Warming, golden, creamy – all great words to describe this delicious tea!

Fjellrev

Sounds wonderful!

Tangy, like a sour apple, sweet like a pineapple, and creamy with a a fragrance of banana is how I characterize the cherimoya. While this tea is not an exact replicate, its flavor profile is right there. I am glad it isn’t an artificial scent. The woodsy green rooibos allows this tea to be resteeped with a lingering flavor that still comes through. I coldsteeped my cup after brewing with hot water. Not a must-have but definitely try it if you like a unique fruity herbal blend.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML
Nattie

Hey, welcome back!

Thanks for the samples, Plum Deluxe!

I’ve never had a custard apple before, so I can’t attest to how much like one this tastes. If they’re anything like this tea though, I’d be happy to try one. It’s got a sweet, creamy, fruity taste that’s a little bit appley (although that could probably also be due to the apple pieces), and maybe just a bit like a pear.

I’d like to give it a shot iced. It’s lovely hot, but I’d imagine it’d make a nice iced tea too.