Christmas Cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

1 Tasting Note View all

• “035/365 Day 17 of the PostTea advent. Today’s blend is fairly unexpected, I would say. There are Christmas Cake blends aplenty, but I’ve never come across one with a pu’erh base before. It kind of...” Read full tasting note

From PostTea

Product description not available yet.

About PostTea View company

1 Tasting Note

035/365

Day 17 of the PostTea advent. Today’s blend is fairly unexpected, I would say. There are Christmas Cake blends aplenty, but I’ve never come across one with a pu’erh base before. It kind of works, in a rich, earthy kind of way. My only complaint is that it’s perhaps a little too earthy (and I was fairly conservative with my brew time…)

The flavouring is good, though. Dried fruit, a hint of spice, a touch of almond, and a little background sweetness that’s just about reminiscent of icing. I think I would have preferred a black base, but this is pretty good. While the pu’erh isn’t particularly strong or overpowering, it comes across just a little heavy handed – like the Christmas cake flavours are competing with the base for prominence, rather than working in harmony. It almost works. Would I drink it again? Probably. I don’t think it’s one I’d actively seek out, though.

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp