2007 World in a Pot Ripe Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 3 oz / 100 ml

• “I was given a sample of this a few months ago. I’m finally getting through my sample drawer (8 teas remain)! I had a few friends over for board games and food; however, as the night progressed...” Read full tasting note
  • “When I first got this tea a few years ago it had a strange mix of being a bit mellow like a ripe puerh but with a harsh edge like young green puerh which was too much for me to be able to handle. ...” Read full tasting note

From Puerh Shop

2007 World in a Pot Ripe Pu-erh Tea Cake (壶里乾坤熟饼)

The cake is carefully made by Dadugang Tea Factory. It brews a wonderfully strong soup with one of a kinds special taste, it’s great for drinking now and even better to put away for aging.

Recently some Pu-erh tea makers start to venture into something new. This tea cake is a product of the trend – good raw material but less fermentation, so the tea could be fermented further under a natural environment. As a result, you could detect bitterness, roughness usually associated with a young green Pu-erh but the soup is pretty ruby red. An interesting product to watch in the days to come.

Pu-erh Tea Cake 400g Semi-Riped or Semi-Cooked Vintage 2007 Medium class Loose tea leaves Caffeine: Moderate

About Puerh Shop View company

I was given a sample of this a few months ago. I’m finally getting through my sample drawer (8 teas remain)! I had a few friends over for board games and food; however, as the night progressed forward, someone requested tea. I pulled the remaining leaf out of the bag, brewed 10g/100ML, and made some tea.

It seemed to go over well with everyone. I got a notes of wood, cocoa, almonds, and earth. I didn’t really spend too much time on the tea, but I was happy that everyone liked it.

When I first got this tea a few years ago it had a strange mix of being a bit mellow like a ripe puerh but with a harsh edge like young green puerh which was too much for me to be able to handle. Now around 6 years later those harsh edges have left and the resulting tea resemble the samples of aged dry storage puerh but in a lot less time. So it looks like the “half cooked puerh” theory worked out as the tea was able to age much faster than green puerh. Worthwhile to pick up a cake of if you get the chance but if you prefer wet storage puerh like I do chances are you will not be drinking too much of it over the long term either.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 3 OZ / 100 ML