2006 Gold Award Ripen Pu-erh Tea Cake Chunhai Tea Factory

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rich
Boiling 9 g 4 oz / 120 ml

• “Puerh Tea TTB. This is a fairly tasty ripe tea with a moderate amount of fermentation flavor and very little bitterness. It was dark and rich in the early infusions, sweet in nature. I wonder if...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a nice little bargain gem from Puershop. It is a very smooth ripe, no bitterness or fishiness. The flavor is clean and dark, though it is lacking a bit in depth and character. A very safe...” Read full tasting note

From PuerhShop.com

Product description not available yet.

About PuerhShop.com View company

Puerh Tea TTB. This is a fairly tasty ripe tea with a moderate amount of fermentation flavor and very little bitterness. It was dark and rich in the early infusions, sweet in nature. I wonder if Puerhshop still sells this. I’d be tempted to pick one up. There wasn’t any qi to this tea but then again there generally isn’t any to ripe tea. This was a nice tasting tea. There was no fishyness to the fermentation taste, it was clean.

I brewed this twelve times in a 120ml gaiwan with 9.2g leaf and boiling water. I gave it a 10 second rinse. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, 1 min, 1.5 min, and 2 min. The tea wasn’t finished. If I wanted to I could get a few more steeps out of this.

Boiling 9 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

This is a nice little bargain gem from Puershop. It is a very smooth ripe, no bitterness or fishiness. The flavor is clean and dark, though it is lacking a bit in depth and character. A very safe and tasty tea for a great price. You can’t go wrong with this one.