Oolong Tea
Creamy, Floral, Green, Orchid, Persimmon, Snow Peas, Butter, Milk
Edit tea info Last updated by __Morgana__

From Red Blossom Tea Company

[This tea is described as Tung Ting but without a date like most Tung Tings on the company’s site.]

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

Heavy on the floral Dong Ding. I should have had this tea then the MiXiang because the leafhopper bitten version was far better than this one. Red Blossom notes are pretty on point because this one is lead by the orchid aroma and flavor overall.

It’s vegetal, but very balanced. I can kinda get gardenia, but orchid still dominates it with the more vegetal snap-pea and water chestnut notes. There’s some hints of sweetness that might be interpreted as persimmon or apricot. I wondered if this were actually a Cu Yu varietal because of the orchid/snap-pea profile reminding me of Jades and Tie Quan Yins, but it’s Qin Xiang. It’s also pretty forgiving in the oversteep towards the end. Not the most luxurious Dong Ding I’ve had, but more than passable.

Flavors: Creamy, Floral, Green, Orchid, Persimmon, Snow Peas

1996 tasting notes

Yesterday I tried an aged Tung Ting from Red Blossom and the difference between the two is remarkable. In look and smell, the dried leaves are much greener than those of yesterday.

I steeped in the gaiwan after rinse at 195F starting at 15 seconds and increasing by 5.

The tea is a pale yellow color and has a floral note as well as a diary one. It’s much more like some other green oolongs I’ve had than the Tung Ting of yesterday.

The flavor is somewhere between that of a milk oolong and a green ali shan to my taste buds. Not as milky as the milk oolong, not as floral as the ali shan.

A very pleasant tea that I could sit with for a long time. It hadn’t faded by steep four, but I needed to move on to other things today.

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Green, Milk