Oolong Tea
Butter, Floral, Green, Milk
Edit tea info Last updated by __Morgana__

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Yesterday I tried an aged Tung Ting from Red Blossom and the difference between the two is remarkable. In look and smell, the dried leaves are much greener than those of yesterday. I steeped in the...” Read full tasting note

From Red Blossom Tea Company

[This tea is described as Tung Ting but without a date like most Tung Tings on the company’s site.]

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

1920 tasting notes

I steeped in the gaiwan after rinse at 195F starting at 15 seconds and increasing by 5.

The tea is a pale yellow color and has a floral note as well as a diary one. It’s much more like some other green oolongs I’ve had than the Tung Ting of yesterday.

The flavor is somewhere between that of a milk oolong and a green ali shan to my taste buds. Not as milky as the milk oolong, not as floral as the ali shan.

A very pleasant tea that I could sit with for a long time. It hadn’t faded by steep four, but I needed to move on to other things today.

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Green, Milk