Orange Pekoe

Floral, Malt, Spices, Tea, Milk, Dirt, Earth, Lemon Zest, Musty
Edit tea info Last updated by Kasumi no Chajin
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 3 g 11 oz / 333 ml

From Red Rose

This unique blend of the finest quality, best tasting orange pekoe teas ensures a perfect and satisfying cup of tea every time.

About Red Rose View company

A decent black tea, somewhat weaker in flavor relative to similarly marketed brands (e.g. Barry’s Gold Blend, PG Tips). Something of a spice character, maybe nutmeg, clove? can’t quite place it — very floral relative to the competition as well. Decent for an afternoon cup maybe with a snack, but won’t really stand up to food.

Flavors: Floral, Malt, Spices, Tea

One of my coworkers is extremely pregnant, so the office threw her a surprise tea party themed baby shower. Lots of yummy food, adorable decorations, a few tears. And, of course, tea. Good old Red Rose. Tastes like grandma’s house and childhood.

MrQuackers

I was actually wondering today if I was missing the taste of Red Rose Tea.

1900 tasting notes

Malty, with a hint of milk flavour. This is a fantastic bagged orange pekoe and better than several loose leaf varieties I have tried. I enjoy mine with a touch of honey and a splash of milk. It makes a good every day tea.

Flavors: Malt, Milk

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

I’ve had this for many years of my life and it holds a special place in my heart. I am preferring different teas the older I get but this will always be a classic to me.

This is a good black tea.

Just don’t make the mistake I did the first time by steeping it too long (more than 5 minutes) or it can get quite bitter.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 17 OZ / 500 ML

This was, up until my introduction to DAVID’s Tea about a year ago, what I would always think of when someone said “tea”. However any time I have tried this before was in my tea hating days, so I could never say too much about it. However, my grandmother makes a pot every morning and these days I’ll never say no to tea.

I can see why this is popular. It’s super basic. Not bitter, even if over-steeped (my grandmother leaves the bag in, much to my chagrin). Slightest citrus note, but nothing in your face. I, personally, would get bored of it, but to each his own.

So I went out for dinner last night and wanted a tea with my meal. I ordered a green tea and they brought me one with spearmint which generally would have been fine but I noticed it was Tazo which, for various reasons, I didn’t want so she brought me their tea box so I could pick another. They were all Tazo except Red Rose Orange Pekoe so that’s what I chose. I drank it happily with cream and it was pretty good. I prefer it with sugar too but I passed on the extra calories. This tea reminds me of my grandparents. My Papa always drank this tea and my Nanny had a collection of those little figurines that came in the box years and years ago. A nice little change from my usual herbal selections.

Flavors: Tea

I had a pot of this tea today with brunch and it was amazingly mediocre. One tea bag was not enough to make a pot, so it was weak and watery. A fair bit of cream and sugar made the whole thing passable, but bleh. I really wish more restaurants would serve decent tea.

On the bright side, the rest of brunch was fantastic! We went to Neechi Commons and had the Talia breakfast, which is a skillet with really good fried potatoes, bacon, kale, mushrooms, onion and red pepper, topped with poached eggs, and fresh fruit and toasted bannock on the side. It was wonderful.

Favorite tea if there is nothing else to have. Have this most of the time. love to make ice tea with it, add alittle lemon and honey and its amazing on a cold rainy day.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Musty