Toasted Coconut Black HiCAF™ Tea

Butter, Coconut
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “This came in one of the free catalogues, quite a while ago. I don’t remember which month it was but seeing as the most recent other review is 10 months ago, I thought I should drink it before the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I like it! It’s got a mild (if artificial) coconut flavor that works with the black tea. I like it black, I like it with coconut sugar, and I like it with milk. Most importantly, it picks me...” Read full tasting note
  • “Well, I’m on new medication that makes me very, very sleepy. I got this hoping to counteract that. The taste really isn’t bad. It’s as if someone took bitter black tea and put fresh coconut milk in...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlog: An interesting concept. I don’t know if I’ve tried another tea that offers “extra caffeine” like this. I mean, I know that different teas have different caffeine levels, but I don’t know...” Read full tasting note

From Republic of Tea

Robust black tea with the tropical flavor of coconut. A smooth and delicious pick-me-up. Try with a splash of milk.

A Better Buzz – We’ve intensified the caffeine content of this black tea by adding green tea extract and pure caffeine isolated from premium tea leaves. Caffeine and L-Theanine (often credited with reducing stress) are natural components of tea providing a state of calm alertness we call Tea Mind®.

About Republic of Tea View company

This came in one of the free catalogues, quite a while ago. I don’t remember which month it was but seeing as the most recent other review is 10 months ago, I thought I should drink it before the coconut goes bad like that tea I had yesterday.

I don’t remember much of this tea because I was in the middle of troubleshooting connectivity issues on this computer for an hour and a half while drinking it but it was toasty and sweet and just nice. Good tea. Can’t comment on the caffeine thing since I’m caffeine insensitive.

Stephanie

coconut is good…hiCAF is kinda scary!

Starfevre

it said it was 140 mg (and I think the extra caffeine came from the powdered green tea ingredient) so it was like maybe a cup and a half of coffee? I think? I really don’t feel caffeine at all so I generally don’t pay much attention to what it is in.

Most importantly, it picks me right up.

Well, I’m on new medication that makes me very, very sleepy. I got this hoping to counteract that. The taste really isn’t bad. It’s as if someone took bitter black tea and put fresh coconut milk in it until it was just barely bitter. Pretty drinkable. A little watery, but that may be user error.

It’s yet to be seen whether I feel the caffeine buzz, but I drank a different hi-caf yesterday (backlog later) after two cups of regular caf and regretted it. It has quite a kick.

Backlog:

An interesting concept. I don’t know if I’ve tried another tea that offers “extra caffeine” like this. I mean, I know that different teas have different caffeine levels, but I don’t know that I’ve encountered a tea that boasts extra caffeine like this.

This is really tasty. I love the toasted coconut flavor. It is sweet, toasty, creamy and nutty. The flavor of the tea is strong … and the “extra caffeine” seems to bring it to a nearly bitter point – almost, but not quite. I can taste “hints” that this could be bitter … so it’s one you want to keep careful watch over when you’re steeping it.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/02/08/toasted-coconut-black-hicaf-tea-republic-tea/