Jamaica Red Rooibos

Rating

81 / 100

Calculated from 7 Ratings
Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Do you recommend this tea?
Recommend to Facebook friends
Review this tea
Save to your wishlist
Add to your cupboard
Edit tea info

ANOTHER FIRST!!!!! WOW! I think this makes 3 TODAY…3 teas I was the first to log! WOW!

Well, I’m afraid of this because of the Hibiscus. I’ll come right out and say it. BUT…I’m up for the challenge!

First I must say this is one of the more beautiful mixes I have seen in a long time. VERY colorful!

2nd…this smells FAB! Soooo many things going on here.

I decided to listen to BOB MARLEY for the rest of the Afternoon just because of this selection. Many of the aromas I am getting sure do remind me of Bob Marley’s Cafe in Orlando!!! LOVE that place!

Anyhow…

The color is a deep purple red.

Mostly I can taste the Hibiscus AND Lemon and I think ICED it would be better so I am going to let it slide. I suppose there is a purpose for tarty funky flavors like this…lol…

At least I’m staying true to my Rooibos Promise, eh!? Yup! It’s my daily Rooibos.

Nothing I would buy for myself but since it was FREE I’m game and grateful I got to try it. I really wish Hibiscus was more my thang. Yes…I said THANG.

Juicy and delectable.

Read full tasting note

Richly flavored. Nice refreshing blend of lemongrass, honeybush, rooibos, and jamaica flower. Lots of citrus is there. Tart, as jamaica flower is always.

I only have had it iced, I think that’s the only way I would drink it. I am glad I tried it, I am looking forward to trying Rishi’s other rooibos teas. I don’t think I would buy it again since I feel the urge to add sugar. Still, a good tea.

Read full tasting note

An explosion of citrus aroma is the first thing to grab you upon opening this tea. The folks over at Rishi Tea nailed this blend. Often times Hibiscus comes off a little sour, but add in Rose Hips, Lemongrass and Orange Peel and the Hibiscus shines! A beautiful crimson dark red in the cup and what an eye catcher iced.

Description

Organic Hibiscus Sabdariffa is more commonly known as “Jamaica Flowers.” Rishi’s master tea blenders unify the wonderful flavors of Organic Jamaica with Organic Rooibos and Organic Honey Bush to create this robust, fruity and deep red infusion. Jamaica flowers are hand picked from a variety of hibiscus when the flowers of this shrubby plant become plump and juicy red. The dried, reddish-purple flowers are consumed in teas, wines and tonics throughout the world. Jamaica Flowers are also used as a natural red pigment in cosmetics and clothing. “Jamaica” is known to have a high content of vitamin C and other health beneficial properties. The tart and deep flavor of Jamaica blends well with the refreshing and healthful nature of Rooibos. This original Rishi blend has a strong and fruity body that finishes with complex notes of mango, passion fruit and rare island spices. Great hot or iced.

About Rishi Tea

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

Teas Similar to Jamaica Red Rooibos