2007 Jing Mai Da Shu Cha Bing Cha

Pu Erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
7 g 3 oz / 80 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I’ve had a sample of this and a bunch of other stuff from royalpuer sitting around for a while. Didn’t know what to brew, so I decided to give this one a shot since I enjoy a good Jingmai. 7g in an...” Read full tasting note

From Royal Puer

Product description not available yet.

About Royal Puer View company

1 Tasting Note

7g in an 80ml gaiwan. The leaf quality is not impressive; chop and stems, but is it the curse of the sample? Is the cake better? Who knows, my guess is not by a large margin.

Give it a quick rinse and let it rest. Leaf aroma is sweet/floral. First brew is weak and flat, tastes like huang pian (probably mostly what it consists of). I push the second steep ~30 seconds to see what happens. More astringent, slightly thicker mouthfeel, still not very interesting.

All in all, it’s a clean and approachable tea with some sweetness. I could serve to my mother, but it’s not representative of what the region has to offer. For $33/bing you could certainly find a worse tea, but I don’t believe this will improve with age and I’d rather buy a $12 huang pian cake from chawangshop.

7 g 3 OZ / 80 ML
mrmopar

Jing Mai can be a little soft for me in the taste department.

Tealluminati

I quite like the sweet and subtle character of Jingmai and the nearby areas; in the case of this tea, I’m pretty sure it’s not the origin that makes it uninteresting to me :)