Kung Fu "Black Fragrance" (Rare)

Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

From Silk Road Teas

Kung Fu “Black Fragrance” is a “fresh tea” made to local custom using the prized Mei Zhan varietal. It’s leaves are large and consistent in size. Made using a light processing technique, there is a fragrance and softness to the taste of this tea that grows in the mouth. Then note the lingering finish and how one feels after drinking this sweet offering. Grown on an organic farm at an elevation of 1,100 meters, in Fujian Province, this tea well-exemplifies the elegance and light touch of the tea maker. Tea goes well with food and will provide a very satisfying cup most anytime. Given the high elevation of the farm, the tea liquor is a clear reddish-brown and the taste complex with a growing finish.

About Silk Road Teas View company

Dark fine leaves produce a deep amber soup. Lovely sweet orchid notes. My sample disappeared too quickly.

oh man. Nicole sent this tea my way…from Silk Road tea, not to be confused with Silk Road in Canada which i find infinately confusing, as i think there are a lot of teas from the US company i need to try…

So the upside, is that Nicole is awesome and always manages to fine me interesting teas from places i haven’t tried many teas from. The downside is that it tends to add yet another tea to my wishlist and with the dollar being the suck, it may be a while before i get around to placing orders at those places.

this tea is fabulous. I’ve resteeped it a couple times this morning trying to eek out as much as i can from this sample. it’s sweet…with a bit of almost maltiness but not…there’s a rich flavour from this one that is unique..it’s not fruity like a taiwan tea…just sweet and delicious lol on to the wishlist.

Anlina

The exchange rate is killing me. The only upside is that it’s helping me resist buying more tea, but I know my will power will only hold out for so long.

i’m using it as an excuse to focus on trying canadian companies as much as possible this year

Nicole

Glad you liked this one. :)