Dragonwell

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “This was my second time exploring Dragonwell. I’m somewhat of a lost cause when it comes to distinguishing and describing minor tastes differences but, surprisingly, I can, a bit, here. Where my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another one from my mom’s BC trip/haul. I had actually asked for their Buddha Dragonwell because that’s a bit more unique/hard to come by, but my mom didn’t know the difference between than one and...” Read full tasting note

From Silk Road

Tea of Contemplation

flavour profile: a jade coloured tea with a prized, mellow, lightly nutty taste
ingredients: Chinese green tea

About Silk Road View company

This was my second time exploring Dragonwell. I’m somewhat of a lost cause when it comes to distinguishing and describing minor tastes differences but, surprisingly, I can, a bit, here. Where my other Dragonwell was absurdly buttery this one has almost a light roasted appeal. That’s not to say it doesn’t have buttery qualities but they are not overly exaggerated and more in a nut oil sense instead of a “melting leaf” fashion. It has a fuller body flavour which is pleasant in its own right.

I over-steeped this cup by a few seconds so there is some slight astringency but it still tastes rather fine. This kind of tea is so smooth that I can loose track of time and still get a drinkable cup, as long as the water isn’t too hot.

Another one from my mom’s BC trip/haul.

I had actually asked for their Buddha Dragonwell because that’s a bit more unique/hard to come by, but my mom didn’t know the difference between than one and regular Dragonwell so she just got this one. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed because you can get a Dragonwell just about anywhere so there’s not really anything special to it, but I can understand the confusion and I appreciate her just grabbing tea for me at all on her vacation regardless.

This one isn’t bad, it’s lightly astringent with a vegetal bean/artichoke-y sort of quality. More than anything else, it’s quite nutty though. Of course, that’s not surprising since that’s kind of the defining/separating trait of Dragonwell in the first place. I guess as a green tea in general, it’s pretty tolerable but really nothing special at all.