Dragonwell

Green Tea
Grass, Nutty, Toasty, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “This was my second time exploring Dragonwell. I’m somewhat of a lost cause when it comes to distinguishing and describing minor tastes differences but, surprisingly, I can, a bit, here. Where my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Echoing my thoughts from last time I tried this one… It’s very nutty. Like, my first half of the sip went pretty normally/like expected for Dragonwell: “Hmm, this is pretty smooth with a mix of...” Read full tasting note

From Silk Road

Tea of Contemplation

flavour profile: a jade coloured tea with a prized, mellow, lightly nutty taste
ingredients: Chinese green tea

About Silk Road View company

This was my second time exploring Dragonwell. I’m somewhat of a lost cause when it comes to distinguishing and describing minor tastes differences but, surprisingly, I can, a bit, here. Where my other Dragonwell was absurdly buttery this one has almost a light roasted appeal. That’s not to say it doesn’t have buttery qualities but they are not overly exaggerated and more in a nut oil sense instead of a “melting leaf” fashion. It has a fuller body flavour which is pleasant in its own right.

I over-steeped this cup by a few seconds so there is some slight astringency but it still tastes rather fine. This kind of tea is so smooth that I can loose track of time and still get a drinkable cup, as long as the water isn’t too hot.

Echoing my thoughts from last time I tried this one… It’s very nutty.

Like, my first half of the sip went pretty normally/like expected for Dragonwell: “Hmm, this is pretty smooth with a mix of mild grassy and vegetal notes”. It was in the transition from body sip flavour to the finish that I was surprised. It’s just so nutty, and toasty as well? Not in an unpleasant way, and I know Dragonwell often is a nuttier green tea anyway. It’s just that this is REALLY nutty. I don’t even know how to convey just how nutty it was because I feel like that could still just be interpreted as the normal amount of nutty flavour generally associated with Dragonwell.

I don’t know, one more time for the people in the back and just in case you didn’t pick up on it the first billion times I said it… This was REALLY nutty.

Flavors: Grass, Nutty, Toasty, Vegetal

MrQuackers

I get it. Lol The reason you normally think Dragonwell is nutty is because it’s pan fried.

Roswell Strange

I’m aware that Chinese greens are usually pan fried as opposed to steamed, like Japanese greens are – I just meant that this PARTICULAR Dragonwell is nuttier than others I’ve experienced.

‘I get it’

MrQuackers

Anyways, maybe the person doing the pan frying likes it that way. What other reasons?