Coconut Macaroon Green Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Coconut, Creamy, Vanilla, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “I am having some of this tonight and am bumping the rating up just a wee little bit. I sure was not too crazy about it when I first got it, but the longer steeping time helps. I might even get it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Overleafed slightly, because I wanted to make sure I loved this yet again, instead of the last time where it felt a bit thin. It tastes like baked coconut chips, to be frank, which is a lovely...” Read full tasting note
  • “And now for something completely different. Now this cold brew was just what I needed to quench my thirst. Very fresh coconut with mild green rooibos. I’m forever perplexed why there aren’t more...” Read full tasting note
  • “This one has been on my wish list for a while and tea-sipper was kind enough to include a sample in my recent stash sale purchase. To be honest, my first cup really didn’t impress me. But I think...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Coconut Macaroons are a confection made from egg whites, sugar and coconut. This tea version is smooth and creamy with a heavenly aroma. On a base of green rooibos, this blend brews to a golden cup with a perfectly balanced taste of toasted coconut baked goodness.

Ingredients: Organic green rooibos, organic cocoa nibs, shredded coconut, safflower and flavoring.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 5 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

I am having some of this tonight and am bumping the rating up just a wee little bit. I sure was not too crazy about it when I first got it, but the longer steeping time helps. I might even get it again when this tin runs out. :))

Alphakitty

The name alone sounds delicious!

ScottTeaMan

This sounds so good-any Rooibos with Coconut or Chai!

TeaBrat

@Scott, you might like green rooibos better than red, it’s much milder.

ScottTeaMan

I actually have tried a few reds- one from Stash blended with white tea. It was good, but I wasn’t drooling for more. I’ll have to try some greens. :))

ScottTeaMan

Gonna go try steeping my Goomtee Estate Darjeeling gongfu style!

Overleafed slightly, because I wanted to make sure I loved this yet again, instead of the last time where it felt a bit thin. It tastes like baked coconut chips, to be frank, which is a lovely thing in my books.

Yvonne

This sounds absolutely divine – coconut, mm!

And now for something completely different.

Now this cold brew was just what I needed to quench my thirst. Very fresh coconut with mild green rooibos. I’m forever perplexed why there aren’t more green rooibos blends out there.

This is one of the very few S&V teas that I would probably reorder (although overall, there just doesn’t seem like enough awesome ones to justify ever placing another order with them).

OMGsrsly

I found a sea buckthorn pumpkin green rooibos on a German site when I was tea hunting earlier. I mean, what? I’d totally try that if I could get (a lot) less than 1 kg!

Courtney

I agree about green rooibos blends! If I was more creative I might be able to create some.

Plunkybug

I agree about the green rooibos too. It is much easier for me to handle than the red.

Anna

Lupicia have one called Jardin Sauvage which smells weird but is AMAZING iced.

TeaBrat

I love green rooibos too. Another good one is Lemon Chiffon by Republic of tea.

This one has been on my wish list for a while and tea-sipper was kind enough to include a sample in my recent stash sale purchase. To be honest, my first cup really didn’t impress me. But I think it’s because I drank the whole thing while it was still piping hot. This time around, I let it cool for a good 10-15 minutes before drinking and the coconut flavor is popping a lot more. It’s still not the best coconut tea I’ve ever tried, but it is creamy and yummy and I’m glad for the chance to try it. Thanks, tea-sipper!

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Coconut fans…. have I got a tea for you to try! Oh my gosh, this is the best coconut tea I’ve ever had! It is so perfectly coconut. It seems like both toasted coconut but fresh coconut at the same time. (There is probably coconut flavor as well as the coconut pieces.) I’ve never had a coconut macaroon but I can imagine it tasting exactly like this. There is certainly somewhat of a buttery cookie flavor. With only hints of chocolate from the cocoa nibs, the cocoa nibs and the light flavor from the green rooibos really lets the coconut shine. This is the only tea I would need in my tea collection for my coconut craving!
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Nicole/Tea-Historic

And green rooibos instead of red… I may need to check this one out!

Evol Ving Ness

haha, have you forgotten about Coconut Island already?!

tea-sipper

OH Whoops. I really shouldn’t have forgotten about Coconut Island because I just drank it two days ago. Okay, the OTHER best coconut tea. :D

Inkling

Sounds amazing! Adding this one to my wish list. :)

I was surprised that not only is this one already in the catalog but it has a lot of reviews. Usually I have to add a Simpson and Vail tea to the catalog when I receive it. Bought this in last weeks order and am just getting around to brewing it. It is fairly tasty with coconut and cacao in there. The green rooibos acts as a nice base for these flavors. The strongest note is the coconut. Not entirely sure if I can taste the cacao. This is very good tea.

I steeped this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 5 minutes. I may have to cold brew this tea tonight and see how it is iced.

Flavors: Coconut

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Thank you to the lovely Phi for this blend! I am quite enjoying it. The roasty coconut flavor is refreshing and super yummy as an iced tea. It’s a nice counter balance after a heavy meal. Sipdown!

(from one of the traveling tea boxes)

I realized that my sample supply was quickly taking over my tea cupboard/table/drawer (see what I mean?!). That and the fact that I couldn’t determine how old some of my samples were has led me to try to sip them down as fast as I can prior to the 2 tea boxes I am participating in arrive (which aren’t currently lost).

Well this is definitely still good! I used 2 tsp in my 16oz steeping mug – I’d consider a bit more next time. It’s a creamy light coconut/vanilla flavor. I added a bit of sweetener but I have a major sweet tooth. Also, no rooibos taste for those who find it offensive, just a nice evening drink. Yum. Staying on the wishlist for sure.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
rosebudmelissa

green rooibos has a much different flavor than red rooibos. In my opinion green rooibos and honeybush are much better for blending.

Tea and Chocolate TTB

Backlog from last night.
This is a combination of green Rooibos, coconut pieces, and little red flower petal. It smells like coconut, like real coconut, it smells good. I’ve only had green Rooibos once or twice before, and now I’m trying to figure out why. It is so much more approachable and friendly than it’s red brother.

Steeped at boiling for 5 minutes. It tastes like I’m chewing on a coconut chip piece. Sweetening it tastes less raw, and more baked and creamy. And it lingers nice and long in the after taste. This is a really good last tea of the night to settle in and go to sleep with.

Sipdown!! (170)

Thank you Fjellrev for sharing this with me. It sounded delicious and people really seem to enjoy it, but having yet another cup, I think I have decided it is not for me. I believe sugar would really help this out but since I am back to behaving and sticking to the diet, that is not even an option for me. Plus, at the end of the day, if a tea needs something to be amazing, it is not a tea I would stock. I am so grateful to have gotten to try it though.

Ugh. I’ll catch up to you someday!

VariaTEA

You are not that far off.

..yeah but more incoming this week lol. I’m hoping for 2-3 more tonight… 3 a day! that’s the goal!

VariaTEA

I just got my package from Roswell Strange. I am sure that is bumping me up a bit so no worries.