Bronte Sister's Black Tea Blend

Alfalfa Leaf, Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Papaya Pieces, Raspberries
Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “additional notes: Neglecting this tea! Forgot how fruity and delicious it was. I should have been drinking this in the hot months. I have a few great raspberry black teas now (this is also...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sororitea Sisters TTB This is one of the teas I tried from the TTB and though I intended to write a Sororitea Sisters review about it as I have for most of the teas I tried from the box, I just...” Read full tasting note
  • ““This tea is giving me an identity crisis. Or, rather, the Brontë sisters are. Did you realize that the oldest-lived Brontë was 38 upon passing? They did ALL THAT WRITING before 38. Do you realize...” Read full tasting note
  • “Mild fruit scent, mild mixed-fruit flavor. Nothing to really write home about. It’s not a bad tea, but it’s nowhere nearly as good as the description makes it sound. Drinkable, but not...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Product description not available yet.

About Simpson & Vail View company

additional notes: Neglecting this tea! Forgot how fruity and delicious it was. I should have been drinking this in the hot months. I have a few great raspberry black teas now (this is also papaya.) The flavors are holding up.

Sororitea Sisters TTB

This is one of the teas I tried from the TTB and though I intended to write a Sororitea Sisters review about it as I have for most of the teas I tried from the box, I just didn’t have that much to say about this. It is fruity and the base is pretty prominent. I get a lot from the raspberry leaf but wish I got more fruity/orchard flavors. Less base, more papaya us what I thought while I sipped.

Do you realize I am 32 and have only succeeded at NaNoWriMo once? What. am. I. doing. with. my. life?!"

Oh, and I also talk about the tea itself here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2016/12/22/bronte-sisters-black-tea-from-simpson-and-vail/

Mild fruit scent, mild mixed-fruit flavor. Nothing to really write home about. It’s not a bad tea, but it’s nowhere nearly as good as the description makes it sound. Drinkable, but not memorable.

On a side-note, I wish the literary teas came in smaller 1 or 2 oz. packages as well. As it stands, you can end up with a sizable quantity of a tea that’s merely okay.

tea-sipper

Psst… the literary teas are now in a sample box, with a few teaspoons (or more?) in each pouch!

Orphia

Ah, they changed it? Back when I wrote this it was the tins or nothing. Good to know.

Once and a while I still buy a flavored black tea. This one has papaya pieces and raspberry pieces. The taste of the two ingredients meld well into a single sweet note. This is a very sweet tea. I added sugar because this sort of tea should be really sweet. It is quite good as flavored teas go. I can’t really taste the black tea base behind all the flavorings but it is good.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min.

Flavors: Raspberry

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Nicole

Sounds interesting. I didn’t pick this one up. I went for Austen & Shakespeare.

AllanK

Those looked interesting too.