Bronte Sister's Black Tea Blend

Alfalfa Leaf, Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Papaya Pieces, Raspberries
Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “The Brontes are some of my heroes. Yes, all three sisters, even Anne (not really Branwell, sorry guy.) To be so brilliant yet so isolated! I’ll dread the day I’ve read all of their books, but...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sororitea Sisters TTB This is one of the teas I tried from the TTB and though I intended to write a Sororitea Sisters review about it as I have for most of the teas I tried from the box, I just...” Read full tasting note
  • ““This tea is giving me an identity crisis. Or, rather, the Brontë sisters are. Did you realize that the oldest-lived Brontë was 38 upon passing? They did ALL THAT WRITING before 38. Do you realize...” Read full tasting note
  • “Mild fruit scent, mild mixed-fruit flavor. Nothing to really write home about. It’s not a bad tea, but it’s nowhere nearly as good as the description makes it sound. Drinkable, but not...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Product description not available yet.

About Simpson & Vail View company

The Brontes are some of my heroes. Yes, all three sisters, even Anne (not really Branwell, sorry guy.) To be so brilliant yet so isolated! I’ll dread the day I’ve read all of their books, but then I will just start right over again. I wanted some reading fuel yesterday so went with this choice. Fierce Brontes (and caffeine), give me some reading power! I think it worked. I was reading outside on a great summer day the amazing Bone People by Keri Hulme which is a book that I think the Brontes would love, with the themes of solitude and isolation. ANYWAY, the tea is lovely. A crisp black tea with oodles of fruit flavor. ACTUAL papaya and raspberry bits, not just flavorings. But there apparently are pear and gooseberry flavors here that I don’t think I noticed. Of course I’ve never had gooseberry so who knows? Maybe the fruit flavors just melded together because it is certainly fruity! Plenty of pretty flowers. The black tea pairs perfectly with the fruit. It’s a fruity summer concoction and certainly delicious.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 15 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Sororitea Sisters TTB

This is one of the teas I tried from the TTB and though I intended to write a Sororitea Sisters review about it as I have for most of the teas I tried from the box, I just didn’t have that much to say about this. It is fruity and the base is pretty prominent. I get a lot from the raspberry leaf but wish I got more fruity/orchard flavors. Less base, more papaya us what I thought while I sipped.

Do you realize I am 32 and have only succeeded at NaNoWriMo once? What. am. I. doing. with. my. life?!"

Oh, and I also talk about the tea itself here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2016/12/22/bronte-sisters-black-tea-from-simpson-and-vail/

Mild fruit scent, mild mixed-fruit flavor. Nothing to really write home about. It’s not a bad tea, but it’s nowhere nearly as good as the description makes it sound. Drinkable, but not memorable.

On a side-note, I wish the literary teas came in smaller 1 or 2 oz. packages as well. As it stands, you can end up with a sizable quantity of a tea that’s merely okay.

tea-sipper

Psst… the literary teas are now in a sample box, with a few teaspoons (or more?) in each pouch!

Orphia

Ah, they changed it? Back when I wrote this it was the tins or nothing. Good to know.

Once and a while I still buy a flavored black tea. This one has papaya pieces and raspberry pieces. The taste of the two ingredients meld well into a single sweet note. This is a very sweet tea. I added sugar because this sort of tea should be really sweet. It is quite good as flavored teas go. I can’t really taste the black tea base behind all the flavorings but it is good.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min.

Flavors: Raspberry

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Nicole

Sounds interesting. I didn’t pick this one up. I went for Austen & Shakespeare.

AllanK

Those looked interesting too.