Sugar Plum Fairy Rooibos Herbal Tisane

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Flavor, Hibiscus, Mallow Flowers, Organic Cloves, Organic Rooibos, Raspberries, Rose Hips, Vanilla Bean
Clove, Hibiscus, Plums, Raspberry, Spices, Tart
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

2 Images

• “This is such a well thought out blend here. So many ingredients that seem like they make the blend extra special: Organic green rooibos, organic whole cloves, rosehips, hibiscus, sweet...” Read full tasting note
  • “Simpson & Vail Advent Calendar – Day 19 (originally written November 19th) Yay, another green rooibos blend from Simpson & Vail! These have been among my favorites from my advent calendars...” Read full tasting note
  • “So this is a review of the recipe on the S&V website to turn this tea into sugar cookies…hope you don’t mind. After a few cups of this tea, I gave up on it and decided to make it into cookies....” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

This green rooibos blend is caffeine free and is sure to be enjoyed by young and old alike. The reddish amber cup imparts a fruity, heady aroma. It has an interesting complex flavor that is a perfectly balanced blend of fruity, sweet and exotic.

Like the Sugar Plum Fairy herself, this herbal blend has an elegant taste that is sure to become a classic.

Ingredients: Organic green rooibos, organic whole cloves, rosehips, hibiscus, sweet blackberry leaf, flavorings, vanilla beans, mallow blossoms and raspberry pieces.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 5 minutes.

Caffeine Free. Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

This is such a well thought out blend here. So many ingredients that seem like they make the blend extra special: Organic green rooibos, organic whole cloves, rosehips, hibiscus, sweet blackberry leaf, flavorings, vanilla beans, mallow blossoms and raspberry pieces. The mallow flowers on that green rooibos base just visually pop. Sadly, I wish I loved the flavor of the blend more than I love the effort behind it. Mainly, there is a flavor of blackberry leaves that is the most distinct, which I wish wasn’t here at all. The hibiscus and rosehips aren’t making an appearance at all, even while brewing two teaspoons, which is fine with me. I’m not sure which of these ingredients I can actually taste other than the blackberry leaves which is a shame. On the second steep, the brew color looked like the inside of a plum, which is a nice touch. It even had more of a hint of plum flavor, which was nice, but I’m not sure if that was the other fruity elements… The second steep seemed like a completely different tea from the first steep and I’m glad the blackberry leaves were less noticeable in the second cup. S&V has an excellent black tea blend with plum flavoring, so I’m surprised more (if any) of that plum flavor wasn’t used here.
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug// 15 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Mastress Alita

Oh lawds, that Plum Black tea is so amazingly good. I’m sticking to my New Year’s Resolution to not order tea, but once I’ve destashed my house and have room for tea again, I will get some of that stuff!

tea-sipper

Haha. I almost included some in the teabox, but I wanted you to buy some fresh plum as you mentioned you would eventually.

Simpson & Vail Advent Calendar – Day 19

(originally written November 19th)

Yay, another green rooibos blend from Simpson & Vail! These have been among my favorites from my advent calendars so far.

This one is good, but it’s not really my speed. It’s a mulled wine sort of flavor. There’s a fruity-ish flavor that’s mostly hibiscus, but it’s not overly tart so that’s nice. There’s also a bit of spice – mostly clove. I’m not sure I get the vanilla at all.

So this one’s not for me. Not bad though!

Flavors: Clove, Hibiscus, Plums, Raspberry, Spices, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

After a few cups of this tea, I gave up on it and decided to make it into cookies. There’s a sugar cookie recipe on the S&V website, and it turned out pretty well! You steep the tea in melted butter, which is fun. The tea flavor was definitely more obvious in the raw dough, whereas there’s just a hint under the buttery flavor of the cookies. The clove is too strong in the tea, but it works in the cookies, and the plum is tasty in there too. The cookies were pretty addicting when they were nice and soft, but once they hardened up, they weren’t quite as good. I don’t really like sugar cookies, so this was a big test that went…okay? I definitely prefer the tea ice cream recipe that I make, and next time I think I’ll try making an unloved tea into cake. Or maybe snickerdoodles? I definitely recommend cooking with teas though. It’s fun and makes the kitchen smell great.

Kittenna

This sounds fun! I haven’t really done any cooking with tea, but really should try a few things.

AJRimmer

Try it! There are so many recipes online. My sister makes these earl grey macarons that are really good.