Spiced Mulled Wine Black Tea

Apple, Candy, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Simpson & Vail

Looking for a winter concoction without the alcohol? Then, this brew is for you! The blend produces a reddish cup with a sweet fragrant aroma and taste. The tannic taste is reminiscent of red wine and it is perfectly complemented by the light spice taste and the earthy undertones.

Ingredients: black teas, orange peel, beet root, spiced mulled wine flavoring and malva blossoms.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

Simpson & Vail Advent Calendar – Day 21

(originally written November 21st)

So full disclosure – I’m drinking this at room temperature. I have been knitting like mad trying to get some Christmas gifts done, and was knitting so intently that I forgot to drink my tea! XP Oopsies. I prefer tea warm rather than hot anyway, so no biggie for me.

Hm, this doesn’t taste much like mulled wine to me. There’s a bubblegum-esque flavor to it, which is odd and ruins the effect a bit. I do taste some tart fruit-ish notes behind the bubblegum. I’m not sure there’s really any spice though.

A bit disappointing, as I was looking forward to this one.

Flavors: Apple, Candy, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart

This tea lacks actual wine. Those of you who thought you could have spiked tea on the clock are going to be disappointed. Or, at least, I was. “It was tea, boss! I didn’t KNOW!”

What this tea DOES have is black tea (my bae), beet root (probably the source of the color & flavor), orange (citrus zing!), and malva blossoms (attractive!).

A full review about being a productive member of society while sipping this is at: http://sororiteasisters.com/2016/11/23/spiced-mulled-wine-simpson-vail/

Evol Ving Ness

Well, I did.

hehehehe

i drank half a bottle of wine tonight… i am a happy girl..