James Joyce Black Tea Blend

Medium
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

• “Thanks to tea-sipper for sharing! This is a nice black tea! It’s pretty malty. It was good before I added milk, but is even better with milk. I don’t often drink plain teas, but this is one that’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve never read Joyce but this tea is fantastic. I’m glad that S&V included a plain black tea blend because this one is amazing. The blend uses three black teas from India, Sri Lanka and...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Black teas from India, Sri Lanka and Kenya…brews to a golden cup with a malty flavor and a slightly fruity aftertaste

About Simpson & Vail View company

Thanks to tea-sipper for sharing! This is a nice black tea! It’s pretty malty. It was good before I added milk, but is even better with milk. I don’t often drink plain teas, but this is one that’s worth the time. My mouth didn’t miss fun flavorings at all.

tea-sipper

This is a great black. I’m glad you like it. :D

AJRimmer

I really do! If they’re sticking with the schedule they’ve had the last two years, I’m hoping they’ll be having their sale next week, so I’m plotting what I’ll buy (:

I’ve never read Joyce but this tea is fantastic. I’m glad that S&V included a plain black tea blend because this one is amazing. The blend uses three black teas from India, Sri Lanka and Kenya. Not sure what they are specifically, but the result is perfection. I would agree with S&V’s description that this is a malty brew with a fruity aftertaste. The sweetness and depth are there. I love a strong yet sweet black tea. I can appreciate a great complex black tea. Too complex to really fully describe. Note to self: I brewed this perfectly. I’d stock up on this one!
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 12 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 10 minutes after boiling // 3-4 minute steep

Kawaii433

Just finished the sample you sent me. I agree with everything you said. Malty fruity. Delicious. Thank you again!

tea-sipper

Oh good. I’m glad you liked it! Missing your tasting note updates.