Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble Rooibos

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Beet Root, Blackberry Leaves, Currants, Flavor, Flowers, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Rooibos
Baked Bread, Blueberry, Sweet, Butter, Candy, Cinnamon, Jam, Pastries
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 14 oz / 414 ml

2 Images

• “Discovery TTB #7 Wow, another tea with cinnamon in it that I actually like! Despite “cinnamon” being in the name, the flavor is actually more like a blueberry muffin: sweet and fruity with just a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow this is even better than I expected. It smells like blueberry muffins and tastes like them too! The cinammon definitely makes it taste like baked goods. I do add sugar, but honestly it tastes...” Read full tasting note
  • “Simpson & Vail Advent Calendar – Day 13 (originally written November 13th) Ooh, I’ve been rather excited for this blend to come up. I saw a note for it a few weeks ago, and was happy to see...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was a free sample from S&V which was super awesome because it was wavering in my cart for a while there. This blend is extremely unique. Such an odd blend of ingredients: Green Rooibos,...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

This new dessert tea is a winner! When you open the bag you’re greeted with a heavenly fruity and baked goodness aroma. When brewed this herbal blend has a reddish cup and a sweet, blueberry fruit and cake taste with slight accents of spice. Sugar-free and caffeine free this deliciously smooth dessert tea can be enjoyed any time of the day or night.

Ingredients: Organic Green Rooibos, currants, beetroot, organic cinnamon, sweet blackberry leaves, flavoring, organic lemongrass and malva flowers.

Brew Tea at 212° – steep for 5 minutes.

Caffeine Free. Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

Discovery TTB #7

Wow, another tea with cinnamon in it that I actually like! Despite “cinnamon” being in the name, the flavor is actually more like a blueberry muffin: sweet and fruity with just a hint of spice. And surprisingly, there’s no unpleasant stevia aftertaste either. There was only about a teaspoon and a half left in the bag, so I finished it off…sad, because I’d love to have this one in my collection!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Blueberry, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
tea-sipper

I think I included this one for you as it was on your wish list. I’m glad you liked it. :D

Inkling

Aww, that was so kind of you! Thanks.

Wow this is even better than I expected. It smells like blueberry muffins and tastes like them too! The cinammon definitely makes it taste like baked goods. I do add sugar, but honestly it tastes as satisfying as eating a dessert. Simpson & Vail are magical with their dessert flavors.

Simpson & Vail Advent Calendar – Day 13

(originally written November 13th)

Ooh, I’ve been rather excited for this blend to come up. I saw a note for it a few weeks ago, and was happy to see that it was on the list for the advent box. So hooray!

It is quite good. I could do with maybe a tiny bit more blueberry, but it’s definitely discernable. The blueberry is somewhere between jam and candy. The cinnamon and pastry notes are definitely right on the money. It tastes like a sweet and buttery cinnamon crumb topping.

I could do with fewer blackberry leaves, but it’s not cloyingly sweet. Dare I say a small bit of hibiscus might improve this? :O

Flavors: Blueberry, Butter, Candy, Cinnamon, Jam, Pastries, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was a free sample from S&V which was super awesome because it was wavering in my cart for a while there. This blend is extremely unique. Such an odd blend of ingredients: Green Rooibos, currants, beetroot, organic cinnamon, sweet blackberry leaves, flavoring, organic lemongrass and malva flowers. But the resulting brew actually tastes as it should. A lovely flavor of blueberry cinnamon crumble with an aftertaste that just blooms… which I don’t think I’ve ever described a tea as blooming before. I feel like Violet Beauregarde chewing that gum. A teaspoon and a half for a mug really results in the perfect flavor that isn’t too sweet but has a really great balance of elements that should be here. Hints of cinnamon. Not sure how there is blueberry flavor… what I thought were tiny blueberries in the blend are actually currants. The beetroot gives the mug a rich red color (and it ain’t hibiscus so I’m happy!) I thought the lemongrass and blackberry leaves might make the flavor taste odd, but they don’t. And the blue flowers really seem to go with the blend. The second steep has a ridiculous amount of flavor. Where does that flavor even come from? I’m very impressed with S&V as usual!
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 15 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

It seems like teas that were recently added aren’t showing up in the search? I added this one a couple days ago.

Cameron B.

Oh my… After looking at the Simpson & Vail website, there are way too many blends I want to try. I can’t possibly order that much tea. XD

Yep, S&V is awesome!

Cameron B.

OMG THERE’S AN ADVENT TEA BOX!!!

tea-sipper

haha. I think the advent is new this year! If you like those, Angry Tea Room has a pretty nifty advent box too.

tea-sipper

(Though Angry tea room hasn’t updated for their 2018 yet.)

Cameron B.

I ordered the advent box plus a few flavored black teas to get free shipping. ❤

Oh good, I hope you like everything. :D