China Golden Silk Black Organic

Edit tea info Last updated by Kawaii433

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I bought this from an S&V order recently – from the Christmas sale!   I couldn’t resist trying this.   I’m trying to find a familiar flavor profile and the “silk” in the name sold it for me. ...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

This Golden Silk Black organic tea is grown in Anhui province in eastern China. This province is a major agricultural region that produces, because of its temperate climate and rich soil, exceptional teas.

The large black, tippy leaves have the brewed aroma of gardens after a rain. The golden cup has a taste that is bright like a Chardonnay with an unusual malty (earthy) aroma and a slight sweet finish. You’ll enjoy this silky, smooth cup any time of the day.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3-5 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

1 Tasting Note

I bought this from an S&V order recently – from the Christmas sale!   I couldn’t resist trying this.   I’m trying to find a familiar flavor profile and the “silk” in the name sold it for me.  This turns out not to be like what I was imagining, but it’s tasty anyway.  I wanted a very deep chocolate brew, but this one is lighter — the color of the brew looks like the inside of butternut squash. The flavor of the large, long, hints of gold leaves is slightly smoky.  It’s tough to describe this.  The profile of a lighter Chinese tea with hints of smoke.  I actually used bottled water in my tea kettle, so this was the best the flavor was going to get.  No chlorine tap water here.   So maybe this is just one of those teas I’m not tasting the subtlety of.  I’m sure that happens with tastebuds.  Or this is better when it isn’t steeped Western.  I like this, but I just wished for something deeper, darker.  I wish I could describe it better!
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 16 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled  // 3 minute steep