Black Herbal Blend
Pineapple, Spearmint, Hay, Herbaceous, Mint, Musty, Smooth, Sweet, Earth, Pine, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “As a huge NPS fan, I dashed off to purchase the sampler set from Simpson & Vail. It was delivered quickly and neatly packaged. A little gift to myself! We’re in the midst of planning a trip to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’d only tried one of these National Park Collection teas, and really enjoyed it, so I figured it was time to sample some of the other ones. So I picked this one out at random to try. Pineapple...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Part of the National Park Tea Collection

Reading through historical and personal accounts of Yosemite, I was struck by a common theme used to describe this area. Many refer to Yosemite as “refreshing,” so my goal was to create a blend that was uplifting and soothing at the same time; a blend that refreshed the body and soul. Using herbs and flowers similar to those found in the park we came up with a blend of pineapple and spearmint that is a perfect marriage of flavors. When brewed the heavenly mint aroma, with a hint of pineapple, will tantalize your senses. Allow this blend to transport you from the comfort of your living room to the top of one of Yosemite’s many mountains, feeling the cool mountain breeze, and gazing upon the picturesque scenery.

Ingredients: Black teas, pineapple flavor, spearmint, and marigold petals.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

As a huge NPS fan, I dashed off to purchase the sampler set from Simpson & Vail. It was delivered quickly and neatly packaged. A little gift to myself! We’re in the midst of planning a trip to Yosemite, so I thought I’d start there.

I’ve now finished the Yosemite sample and tried it at several steeping lengths. I felt 4 minutes was the best steeping time and brought out the pineapple flavor more. That said, I hoped for more pineapple taste. I felt the spearmint was a more noticeable flavor.

All and all, a nice tea to kick off our trip plans but I’m not likely to order again.

Flavors: Pineapple, Spearmint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

I wanted more pineapple from this one, too!

I’d only tried one of these National Park Collection teas, and really enjoyed it, so I figured it was time to sample some of the other ones. So I picked this one out at random to try. Pineapple and spearmint sounds good!

It’s tasty, but I would like more pineapple! The pineapple here is very soft and is more of an accent to the spearmint flavor. I do like the spearmint, and it’s not too strong. Sometimes spearmint can taste like chewing gum, but it’s just soft and refreshing here. The base tea is a little musty with some hay notes, which actually goes rather well with the herbaceous spearmint.

This probably isn’t one that I would reorder, just because there’s not quite enough pineapple here for me. But I’ll happily finish off the rest of the sample pouch! :)

Flavors: Hay, Herbaceous, Mint, Musty, Pineapple, Smooth, Spearmint, Sweet

Jen vB

Ohhhh you had me at National Park… and now I’ve placed an order. I’m such a sucker for packaging

Cameron B.

These have the prettiest labels ever!

Mastress Alita

Wait, did they start making these in sampler sizes?

Cameron B.

I think you can only get the smaller size if you buy the whole gift set of 8 teas…

Mastress Alita

Ah. My problem with the gift sets is that, at least with the author’s collection, many of the blends are “missing” from the set and they don’t offer small sizes separately, not even for the missing ones. :-(

Cameron B.

In this case, there are only 8 teas so it is all of them, but you’re right that that’s not the case for some of the other ones.

Martin Bednář

I would place the order for their national park series, if only the shipping… I am afraid it being approximately same price as for the tea! Their labels rocks!

Too bad they offer mostly 4 oz of each (if not gift set)… that’s a bit too much for trying out.