Organic White Tea Pai Mu Tan

Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Advent calendar 9 Pai Mu Tan – White tea “Do you think back to your grandparents’ kitchen now and then? We always had deep red fruit tea with lots of honey. We used to play Ludo and laugh...” Read full tasting note

From Sonnentor

A beauty of a tea. For this tea, only the bud and the top two leaves of the tea plant are hand-picked. Pai Mu Tan means “white peony”. It enchants with a pleasantly floral, but also discreetly tart note. Its well- balanced flavour goes well with light summer salads and oriental dishes with legumes. Hummus and lentil soup also benefit from its taste as an accompanying beverage. Truly the finest tea enjoyment!

Brew in hot but not boiling water for 3-5 minutes at most.

About Sonnentor View company

1 Tasting Note

Advent calendar 9
Pai Mu Tan – White tea

“Do you think back to your grandparents’ kitchen now and then? We always had deep red fruit tea with lots of honey. We used to play Ludo and laugh endlessly.”

Oh yeah, I miss my grandparents from father side of family. She was great. Grandpa was, as long I remember, very sick.

As for tea:
I am happy to see “proper” tea finally. I have not used exactly measured water temperature, but I hope it is around 80°C as they suggest and quite short steeping time. My flu is still going on, but I notice little bit of floral notes (of lillac).

Brews bit darker than I expected, like a light black tea. Brew is clear.
Tastes like light black tea as well, bit of malt, but mostly floral, nothing distinctive, but enjoyable somehow.

Flavors: Floral, Malt

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 14 OZ / 400 ML
derk

My grandparents were wonderful. My grandfather was also very sick, bed-ridden in the dining room. I used to sit with him in bed for hours telling him silly jokes. My memories of him in the kitchen were of the two of us in the nook splitting a 5lb bag of grapefruits while watching a ridiculous TV show called American Gladiators. With my grandmother and a broom handle, we used to roll out giant sheets of homemade phyllo dough at the kitchen table.

I hope you kick the flu soon.

Martin Bednář

You have wonderful memories of your grandparents and mine were great as well. We were talking about almost everything, that’s why I miss my grandma so much. She was really friendly, helping with everything that she was able to do. It is 12 years already :/

tea-sipper