Chai Green

Rating

62 / 100

Calculated from 48 Ratings
Chai Green Blend
Do you recommend this tea?
Recommend to Facebook friends
Review this tea
Save to your wishlist
Add to your cupboard
Edit tea info

This was my wake up cuppa this morning. I was super-sleepy and not too much in a hurry to wake up, so I didn’t want something with an overwhelming in-your-face kind of flavor. This was a good choice, and it’s been awhile since I’ve had it. I was pretty surprised that the chai flavor came through so nicely with the green tea. I love chai tea, so I enjoy the bold spiciness and was worried that the green tea wouldn’t carry that as well as a black tea. Not the best chai flavor ever, but part of that could be because it is a teabag. Overall a lighter, more wispy chai tea and it energized me just the right amount for the rest of my day.

Read full tasting note

I decided to give this one a shot because I need something warming. Turns out, it is NOT AT ALL like the regular chai black tea from Stash! This one is actually tolerable! Maybe it’s because I steeped it a full 5 minutes? I don’t know, but I’m digging it. At least right now. Because it’s like 40 degrees outside, and I’m FREEZING! It’s got a nice and spicy bite from the ginger, and you can really taste the cardamom and cinnamon. Not too shabby, at least for Stash!

Read full tasting note

The spicing is nice, but the tea part of this is pretty wimpy. Meh.

Read full tasting note

A new bag. Ok, now bear w/ me. I’m going to attempt to make this chai w/ milk. I’ve never added milk to a green chai before. I just can’t fathom the combo. So here it goes…

1 bag (steeped an extra min to compensate for the milk) steeped in 3oz water, then added 3oz milk and reheated.

Ok… Um… Ew… The liquor (is it still called that when it’s part milk?) is a yellowy-green color that makes it look really raunchy except for it isn’t chunky.

The aroma is that of a very light chai, but I don’t smell the milk so I’m absolutely thrilled!

Ok… Um… Wow… I’m shocked… This didn’t make me puke! The spices come across 1st, then the creamyness of the milk (but no hot milk taste thank God), and last the green tea. I’m surprised that can be tasted.

Conclusions: Not nearly as horrible as I expected, but I wouldn’t drink it this way again. Milk spoils the wonderful flavor of the green tea.

Description

Stash Green Chai Spice lends a modern twist to the traditional Chai by blending Lung Ching or Dragonwell Chinese green tea with cinnamon, whole cloves, cardamom, ginger root and sarsaparilla. The result is a flavorful and spicy tea that goes well with milk and sugar and may be enjoyed any time of the day. Chai can be both calming and stimulating.

Tip: For traditional Chai tea, brew with 7 ounces of water. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 ounce of milk (for a creamier drink use one ounce of canned evaporated milk).

Ingredients: green tea, cinnamon, clove, ginger root, sarsaparilla, natural cinnamon flavor, clove oil, cardamom oil

Steeping Instructions: 1-3 minutes at 170-190 degrees Fahrenheit