Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Safflower
Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Sour, Spicy, Tart, Biting, Bitter, Lemongrass, Citrus, Flowers, Hibiscus
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I was wrong, I did get home with energy enough to make a cup of tea! Thanks to Josie Jade for the packets of this. I have a bit of an upset stomach, and its nearly bedtime, so I thought this might...” Read full tasting note
  • “My allergies are getting the best of me. I really should not be as tired as I am, but a day of multiple deep sneeze attacks and a productive cough are making me feel worse… And I want some hot tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “I used half to make an sinus clearing tea (added cayenne and honey), and the other half, a bit diluted, as the liquid base for some instant apple cinnamon oatmeal. It smelled just like my mom’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlog – I drank this yesterday at the office. I thought I was “over” bagged teas but there is something about the convenience of them at work that is definitely appealing. I’ve had a box of this...” Read full tasting note

From Stash Tea Company

This lively tea offers wide-awake flavor without caffeine. It has a smooth lemon flavor with a piquant, lingering bite of ginger.

Ingredients: Ginger root, lemongrass, lemon flavor, hibiscus, citric acid, safflower, ginger flavor

To savor the full flavor of our teas, bring fresh water to a rolling boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a pre-heated pot or cup. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste. One bag makes 8 ounces hot tea. For iced tea, brew double strength.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Someone has kindly donated a box of this tea to the Hickel House on the Providence Alaska Medical Center campus in Anchorage, Alaska. …Or maybe someone decided to get rid of it there. Lemon + ginger usually = all-natural home remedy. I haven’t had the best of luck with lemon lately, so I was hesitant to try this. However, I did it, but I cut the steep time, since I’m not that fond of strong ginger notes. The teabag itself is absolutely beautiful when wet and the color is nice, too. I actually liked the taste, and got it all down. Sadly, like with most other lemon things, I developed a bit of heartburn, but I’ve gotten used to that by now. It was good enough that the heartburn didn’t really matter.

Lord’s Day Nov. 14, 2010
1st and Only Steep of this Day.
Found this in the Pastors Tea Cupboard.
Great Choice on a Bright Crisp Sunny Lord’s Day Morning
Great Hot but Stayed Strong and Delightful even Cold.
Look to add this to my Home Cupboard

This is a great tea for upset stomachs. If not brewed perfectly though it can be too weak or very overpowering. This tea has a great lemon ginger balance. If brewed for too long however, the ginger becomes overwhelming and can burn the throat. Overall an excellent tea.

Special of this Lemon ginger tea is so refreshing even in the morning or evening it doesn’t matter what time you would like to drink and taste the zest of lemon and the kick of ginger in your throat. Actually I hate ginger ever since but when I drink and try the lemon ginger tea, I like it or the best thing to say is I love it. My day is not complete without drinking this tea. My better half he loves to put honey on it which is also my grandfather do hmmm yummy eh, so thank you so much Stash company. Later on I’ll try the Chai green tea and for sure I will give my comment and rating for your nice and delicious product.

More power.

Lord Bless :)

I’m usually not hugely into herbal tea, but this one is quite nice – the ginger adds just enough spice, and can be helpful for an upset stomach. The lemon flavor isn’t overpowering, and it smells wonderful.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Strong lemongrass flavor rather than ginger in my experience. The ginger came out only at the end, despite the fact that it is listed as the first ingredient. I enjoyed it more than some other lemony teas I have tried but found it rather astringent and may reserve it for days when my sinuses need a little wake-up call.

I steeped about 3 minutes.

Now this is a tea with with a bite to rival a hyena’s. The first time I made a cup, I let the bag sit for a couple minutes and it was overwhelmingly ginger, as if I’d just grabbed a ginger root soaked in lemon for a brief while and chomped into it. The next time, I dunked the bag until the color looked about right and the scent was just enough to take over everything else when I leaned over the cup. That cup was much more balanced and proved to be very good with some honey in it.

This is a very good tea for colds, sore throats, and digestive problems (and menstrual cramps, i hear) , if you can handle it’s strength. Personally, I find it strong to the point where I can only have it once in a while, and mostly when I’m ill.

Bright, sharp lemon flavor with the ginger right behind it, this gets the job done without the strong pepper taste found in other lemon gingers. An occasional tisane for me, to cleanse palate between other choices.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yummy, really enjoy this one. Flavors blend well together and reminds me a dessert. Definitely has a great scent and flavors really well. Have not tried a second steeping on one of the bags yet but I am guessing it will work well with this tea.

Edit: I realized I had the wrong tea company. This was a Stash tea, not Twinings!

Decided to have this tea when my throat started hurting at work yesterday. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the great flavour balance. There was enough ginger in there to feel the spicy kick, but not too much so that it overwhelms the whole tea. The lemon was a tasty counterbalance, and there was even a hint of sweetness to round the tea off nicely. I was initially just drinking it to help my throat, but ended up enjoying it quite a lot. I let it steep for about 5 minutes so that the flavour would get nice and strong, and it was exactly the strength I wanted it to be. I would not be averse to having this tea again!

S.G. Sanders

Stash is pretty good stuff.

Mookit

Yeah, I was pretty impressed by this one. I might have to give a few more a try.

ashmanra

Have you tried the new 1893 Ginger Cola by Pepsi? So much ginger! It was pretty good.