Chocolate Mint Oolong

Oolong Tea
Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint, Dark Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Stash Tea Company

Subtle hints of chocolate and mint complement this enticing Oolong tea.

Ingredients: oolong tea, peppermint, natural chocolate flavor, cocoa powder, carob powder

Steeping Instructions: 1-3 minutes at 160-180 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

This did remind me of Thin Mints or York Peppermint Patties. The flavor is more mint than chocolate. But I don’t know what kind of oolong is supposed to be here. I like it though.

I absolutely love this. Tastes like a little piece of heaven for me. There’s even a bit of powder left in the wrapper, that if you lick the wrapper, tastes AMAZING. (I know I’m weird.)

Not really chocolatey, but minty and tasty.

I was really excited about this tea when I ordered a weight loss taster set online. I’ve tried a few chocolate tea over the past year however, this was the first with mint. As soon as i opened the pack I could smell the sweet smell of mint chocolate which proved promising, the flavor of the tea was good; the oolong worked well, the mint was powerful but sweet and the chocolate although just a hint was really nice. With a little agave this satisfied my sweet tooth.

(This is from last night, so I actually had kind of a Stash day yesterday!)

This tea is a hit in my household! I really love how the flavours complement each other in this one. When we made it for supper this time, though, with one bag in a large pot, the chocolate and mint flavours came out but the oolong was a bit subdued. There’s more balance when you steep as instructed. Overall, though, another winner from Stash!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Ok, as always I find stash teas too weak.
That aside choc-mint is a good tea. Make a small cup, leave the tea bag and be a bit heavy handed on the milk = a decent chocolate mint treat. :)

Opening the envelope, taking out the bag, is like removing the lid of a box of chocolates. Hmmm…. haven’t tried this with milk before…. “More calcium!” I think, as I splash soymilk into my steaming cup. It turns out to be just as good, maybe even better, than without.

Steeped up a cup of this at work with some milk, but then we got busy and I had to walk away from the mug for a long period of time to help out some customers.

When I got back to it, it was just a little colder than room temperature but you know what? I think that actually added an interesting element of flavour to the cup. It tasted, instead, like a glass of chocolate milk with a hint of a cooling mint undertone to the finish. Very soft mint notes and strong chocolate elements, but overall a very nice flavour and a really refreshing cup.

I was looking for an alternative to hot chocolate with peppermint extract, and came across this one.

There is not much of a chocolate flavour in this tea; the mint is very overpowering. but I like it anyways. if you’re looking for chocolate tones, it’s not there. But if you like mint, you’ll like this one.

Flavors: Peppermint

I am very impressed with this tea. I have to say, I am not a fan of bagged teas – I will drink them if I just want a quick pick me up – but think one was simply delicious! I often find with many ‘chocolate’ teas that there is no real chocolate flavour – that is not true in this case. Tasted like I was sucking on a yummy chocolate thin mint! The flavors are very bold. Very well done!

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint