Minty Licorice Delight

Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Arby

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Thank you to the lovely people at Stash for sending me some free samples of their new blends. Two of them are mate blends (high caffeine), so I decided to try this herbal today. I usually do one...” Read full tasting note

From Stash Tea Company

This soothing and aromatic blend features an intriguing contrast of flavors, with cool notes of top quality Northwest-grown peppermint balancing the naturally sweet and rich licorice root. An artful complexity of ingredients includes the bright anise flavor of fennel, a hint of cinnamon, and a lingering sweet aftertaste.

Licorice root*, peppermint, mentha arvensis, fennel, cinnamon
*Licorice root is not intended for use during pregnancy and while nursing, or if you have heart disease or high blood pressure.

Steeping Instructions
3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit

Caffeinated

About Stash Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

Thank you to the lovely people at Stash for sending me some free samples of their new blends. Two of them are mate blends (high caffeine), so I decided to try this herbal today. I usually do one caffeine day and then two to five caffeine free days (except tiny amounts found in dark chocolate or decaf tea/coffee) so I do not risk getting addicted/depended on caffeine as a stimulant. I already sleep poorly, I can’t imagine trying to function if I’m tired every morning/crave caffeine on top of that.

Anyway, this is a nice mint/fennel/licorice root herbal. I’m not much for licorice root in teas because I don’t like the type of sweetness that licorice root/cinnamon/chicory have. Still, this blend is soothing and pleasant. The licorice root brings a metallic mineral flavour and a root flavour (which I like). The taste fits the name of the blend well. The flavour combination is indeed minty and licoricy, what more would you expect?

This is a great blend for someone who likes licorice root in tisanes. I happen not to, so I wouldn’t buy this again. However, as far as licorice blends go, this isn’t a bad choice.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Licorice, Metallic, Mineral, Mint, Peppermint, Spices