White Tea

From Steep Me A Cup of Tea

Pai Mu Tan Chinese White Tea with Cucumber

About Steep Me A Cup of Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Made this for myself earlier in the week, as an iced tea.

I splurged the day before, and I bought a couple “rock sugar straws” from a local coffee shop; basically they’re straws where the ends have been dipped in a flavoured rock sugar so that when you stir them into a drink/drink out of them they flavour the drink! So when I made this one, it was specifically with the intention of pairing it with one of the rock sugar straws and creating a flavoured iced tea, apart from the cucumber in the tea itself.

The flavour I selected was pineapple; and really I am a total sucker for anything pineapple flavoured but I also thought that since this is a white tea that isn’t overly flavoured and that has a bit of a more natural flavour then pineapple would be a great accompaniment because it would really stand out without over complicating the drink. I think it was a stroke of genius on my part because the tea itself is super cool, and crisp with all the sort of vegetal/cucumber notes that I LOVE but the pineapple added a really nice sweetness and tropical spin to the flavour that catapulted this tea into such an elevated level of tropical, refreshing goodness!

YESH!