Dakota Prairie Rose

From Steep Me A Cup of Tea

Pai Mu Tan Chinese White Tea with Passion Fruit and Rose

About Steep Me A Cup of Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Morning tea; one from my Steep Me A Cup Of Tea haul! I just had to get this one ‘cause it’s named after Dakota so it seemed like the perfect representation of my trip there! I like souvenir tea; souvenir tea is good. Plus, it did smell really good in store.

It took me longer than I’d care to admit to figure out why this tasted so bloody familiar to me when I took my first sips this morning. It was sweet, and bright and tropical with an extremely familiar fruit and white tea combo. Eventually it hit me though; this is a passion fruit flavoured white tea, and I’ve been enjoying a passion fruit white tea from 52Teas quite a bit as of late too – their Passion Fruit de la Creme. These two are actually pretty dang similar, which of course means that this one is ALSO delicious!

Main differences, I think, are that this is a little brighter in terms of flavour with just a hint of tangyness to the passionfruit where as 52Teas’ version is silkier/creamier because of the “creme” component in the blend. This is also a little rosey/floral but not overly – just a nice, soft touch in the top of the sip.

Yeah, definitely feeling this one!