Ginger Spice

Cardamon, Chinese Black Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Orange Peel, Vanilla
Clove, Cream, Orange, Ginger, Cinnamon, Spicy, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 114 g 69 oz / 2045 ml

From T2

Gentle ginger plays with orange peel pieces and sweet vanilla over a black tea base to produce a delicious medium-bodied tea. Sweet and fragrant, this is a perfect winter warmer, or light and sensational in summer served with chunks of orange, a cinnamon stick and loads of ice.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, orange peel, ginger, cinnamon, cardamon, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla

Brewing Guide: 1 tsp per cup, 2-3 min, 100C (212F)

About T2 View company

I LOVE YOU, GINGER SPICE. What a babe! I’ve tried this tea a bunch of different ways – black, black sweetened (with a sprinkle of sugar/honey), white, and white sweetened. My favourite is black sweetened, but all the ways are just fine, and serve to make this tea totally versatile. The black tea is light enough that you can leave steeping for ages, and there are no bitter notes to the flavour so at no point does it ruin. The cinnamon, ginger and orange work so deliciously together.

I first tried Ginger Spice labelled as a Mother’s Day special “Apple Crumble” and I couldn’t resist that kind of advertising (or packaging). Delighted (and a bit dismayed, to be totally honest) to find that the specials were just renamed standards, and “Apple Crumble” was actually Ginger Spice. Such a relief, because I’m almost out of my first batch and I was starting to fret.

Sampler Sipdown September! I’ve actually managed to sipdown a few older teas that were larger, multi-cup sipdowns recently and I’m pretty happy with that progress; getting some things out of my cupboard is a good thing! But here is another of the small two-serving T2 samplers from the T2 sampler pack horde. The first serving I made at work yesterday, and it was terrible, once again having that weird taste to the water; absolutely nothing I do seems to fix the issue, and I’ve washed that kettle so thoroughly (even soaking it in vinegar overnight) that I’m simply beside myself. It never used to have this problem, and the kettle is pretty much identical to my home kettle in design, aside from being a different brand. So frusterated with the weird burnt rubber/metallic/musty/wrong taste of the water, I’ve finally given up and am simply getting rid of the functioning kettle. I decided to upgrade my home kettle since Bonivitas were on sale on Amazon, and when it arrives, I’ll take my home kettle to work, since it still makes fine tasting water.

So, I used up the second serving of the leaf at home, so I could actually taste the tea properly. This is a black tea spice blend, and I like this one a lot more than many other black tea spice blends I’ve tried in the past, such as TeaSource’s Winter Spice tea. There is no clove in the tea, but the spices create a very clove-like flavor, and it comes off quite natural. I’ve had a lot of chai that is packed with clove and it is really biting and too heavy, or extremely cloying with that artificial clove flavor. Here the cinnamon and ginger just sort of create the same sort of flavor to me without it being overbearing, and I really like it! There isn’t a strong, gingery taste or a hot, spicy flavor, the ginger and cinnamon really do sort of balance each other out into a spicy-sweet clove taste, with a bit of cream and orange citrus flavors coming out on the finish.

Flavors: Clove, Cream, Orange

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 300 ML

The ginger note is not as heavy as I expected.

Flavors: Ginger

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 225 g 250 OZ / 7393 ML

Got this tea in a sampler after my last order and GOSH IT IS SO BLIMMIN GOOD! Spicy, cinnamon, Orange peel sigh

Will definitely repurchase and I recommend to lovers of chai.

You can find this tea at T2

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Spicy, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

This is the first tea in the T2 flavored black tea sampler that I’ve felt “ehh” about. It wasn’t bad, just only okay. I tend to prefer my ginger teas as green or herbal and drink them for health reasons, rather than for a morning pick-me-up, so perhaps ginger black teas just aren’t for me.

I do see some comments about adding some sweetener. I’ll have to give that a try in the future!

Flavors: Ginger