Southern Sunrise

Fruit Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Citric Acid, Lemongrass, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Bitter, Citrus, Grapefruit, Tart, Lemon, Tangy, Apple Skins, Fruity, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass, Biting, Orange, Apple, Blackberry, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Hibiscus, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

From T2

White hibiscus, lemongrass and grapefruit bring this fruity brew to life. Inspired by an Australian summer, this sunny tisane with its tantalising aroma will brighten any mood or morning. Perfect served hot, or chilled with ice, fresh oranges and lemon slices.

Ingredients: Apple, white hibiscus, apple pomace, natural and artificial flavor, sweet blackberry leaves, lemongrass, grapefruit peel, citric acid

Brewing Guide: 1 tsp per cup, 3-5 min, 100 C (212 F)

About T2 View company

So I have a boyfriend now for the first time in a long time and it’s nice and I’m happy. He drinks my shimmer punch and I drink this.

VariaTEA

Yay! I’m happy that you’re happy :)

No work for me today, yippee! It’s my birthday tomorrow, so I fancied turning this weekend into a slightly longer one and booked today off. I’m heading to the T2 shop tomorrow, so figured it was about time I went through my stash of samples to see if there are any I want to purchase more of. I have both the Famous Fruits and Hero Herbals sample boxes, and this is from the Fruits.

First off, I get a strong taste of grapefruit. It’s citrusy and rather tart, but super refreshing. I made this hot and it’s nice, I enjoyed it, but I do think I would much prefer this iced. It’s possibly a bit too tart to warrant a permanent place in my tea cupboard, so I won’t be purchashing more of this.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrus, Grapefruit, Tart

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

A Berry Frui-tea July! Decided to do another of my T2 fruit samplers, and I was extra careful with this one, only steeping it in a mere 300ml of water, when the sampler stated it was designed for 450ml, since I really wanted to ice this and didn’t want it to turn out weak-sauce like what happened to my Fruitalicious sampler.

I actually tried doing the “ice shaker” method for this sampler and that was my first time trying that, and I was surprised how well it worked! My hot tea was ice cold in seconds and, amazingly, it didn’t taste watered down! Success! So, the flavor. This tea has a strong grapefruit flavor, and I’ll admit that grapefruits and grapefruit juice isn’t one of my favorite things… that said, it has enough sweetness that it doesn’t have the sourness that I dislike in grapefruits. It is still a bit tart, but it is more of a citrus sort of tartness. It’s a very tangy grapefruit/lemon flavor, and a pretty nice iced tea. It is at least more unique than most of the T2 fruit teas I’ve tried so far. That said, still not a favorite, only because grapefruit isn’t a personal favorite flavor for me. I’m sure those that love grapefruit would really dig this.

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit, Lemon, Tangy, Tart

Iced 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

Excellent, both iced and hot.

I had this a very long time ago but I got it as part of the T2 fruit sampler and I really enjoyed it. It was very tart and the citrusy notes were perfect.

This tea is divine. Absolutely gorgeous when iced. Grapefruit flavour punches through, but isn’t too strong.

Flavors: Apple Skins, Fruity, Grapefruit, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

…sigh…I don’t know. I tried this first unsweetened and iced. And it was just so tart. So very citrusy. Overpoweringly so, really. I like citrus and was hoping to find it refreshing, but it was just too much. So, the next time I tried it I added sugar, in an effort to curb that grapefuit flavor that made my whole face pucker. I rarely sweeten my teas (or tisanes), either hot or cold, but this helped. I added three generous teaspoons for the entire liter. Not enough to make it taste really sweet, just to tone down the tartness. I’d like to try to reduce the amount of sugar, but will have to experiment a bit. I now can taste more of a fresh orange flavor with strong grapefruit notes that don’t overwhelm. Not sure if I’d ever try it hot, maybe if I was sick and wanted to add honey to it, but honestly, I’ll just finish this off and probably not get it again. It is bracing, refreshing, and great if you love grapefruit (which I don’t).

Flavors: Biting, Citrus, Grapefruit, Orange, Tart

1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I know a lot of people who drink Southern Sunrise as a hot tea but I, personally, enjoy it iced! This tasting note will therefore be based on this tea being prepared iced.

This tea is perfect iced either on its own or as a blend. My favourite iced blend using this tea is – Southern Sunrise, Pumping Pomegranate, fresh lime and honey! It is so tasty!

Southern Sunrise has zesty, refreshing flavours and tastes soo good! To make this iced I use double the amount of tea. As this is actually a tisane and not a tea you can brew it for as long as you like! If I am making a small jug or just a cup I would brew it for a minimum of 5 minutes. Otherwise, If I’m making a big jug I may even brew it overnight and make it into a concentrate. Either way – its tasty!

Flavors: Apple, Blackberry, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Lemongrass

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

A fairly pleasant fruit tisane, albeit enhanced with artificial flavouring (as T2 does with almost all of their flavoured teas). Very citrus-y with strong grapefruit and lime flavours. This is tasy iced and also quite nice hot.

Flavors: Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Grapefruit, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

333/365

I’ve tried this one before, but a long, long time ago. I don’t really remember it that well, so I’m happy to have the chance to revisit. I say that like it happened by accident, but it didn’t…I bought a box with my last T2 order, knowing that my Dad would love it even if I didn’t. He’s all about the grapefruit.

It was a little more bitter than I was expecting, but very grapefruity…and grapefruit is bitter, so I guess it’s actually perfect. It’s really clean and refreshing; an excellent morning or palate cleansing blend. I meant to try this one back in the summer, but I totally forgot – I can imagine it would be seriously good cold brewed with lots of ice!

It’s perhaps a little one dimensional, but I’m feeling it…sometimes it’s best not to over-complicate, and this is a really solid grapefruit blend. Also, no hibi! Always a bonus.

I’d happily drink this one again, which is reassuring given that I have an entire cube. It’s good stuff, and pretty unique amongst the fruit blends in my cupboard. I feel like grapefruit isn’t often a candidate for these kind of things, which is a shame.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp