Creme Brulee

Brown Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Vanilla, Caramel, Hazelnut, Tea, Toffee, Nutty, Honey, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

From T2

A silky, decadent sweet treat. Velvety vanilla plays with caramelised hazelnuts in a gorgeously golden brew. An intense aroma enhances a refined and delicate infusion. Creamy and dreamy, this buttery caramel delight sings the song of after-dinner contentment.

Brew:
1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: With or without milk, a little drizzle of honey is heaven.

Flavour: Caramel, Sweet, Vanilla

Strength: Medium

About T2 View company

As my first posting on Steepster, I want to start with my favorite tea which I was introduced to by my daughter, Devvyleys (on Steepster), when I visited her in Sydney, Aus. Being a new tea enthusiast, my tea notes won’t be so much from the descriminating palate point, but more to the pleasure each tea gives me as I try them.
The taste of caramel is what of course brings such pleasure from Creme Brulee. It is a black tea and very smooth if steep time is kept to about 3 min for a first steep.
Being a southern girl and having been brought up on iced sweet tea, I find that with hot teas I still prefer to have them sweetened some, and I use Stevia in place of sugar.
While this is for me a great relaxing tea to enjoy while reading, it would likely make a wonderful dessert tea and I imagine it would be especially good with almond cookies (biscuits to Aussies) or banana bread.

Unfortunately, my crush on this tea has ended, it really has not stood up to the test of time. I find that it is far too easy to over brew it leaving to a very bitter tea with a sickly sweet aroma that doesn’t translate into the tea.

When made right it is still a deliciously sweet tea that really is quite divine but given that a couple of seconds make the difference between delightful and having to be thrown out I feel like it’s not worth the bother anymore.

That being said the addition of milk does seem to negate the over-bewing and create a nice milky desert tea. Given that I’m not a fan of milk in tea though it doesn’t really help me much.

I do really like this tea, but worked out after a few migraines that my problem was with the hazelnuts in this blend. Hazelnuts aren’t listed as a flavour on the description for this tea, but is mentioned when you look at the ingredients. So if you are sensitive to them, then just be aware. I’ve switched to Terrific Toffee also from T2, and it is a fantastic replacement!

Favourite flavoured black tea by far, more like a dessert, caramel and vanilla distinctive but not over powering

Maybe it’s because I can’t smell but I didn’t taste anything different from in this tea, especially not anything resembling creme brulee. I ended up adding frothed milk and sugar which it took very well to, but it’s not a very special dessert tea. I also found it had a strange aftertaste I had to wash out.

Drinkable, but disappointing. I’ll brew it again longer and shorter (apparently its optimal steep window is narrow), along with some plain black tea to compare it to, and write another note. Thankfully I just got a free sample packet, which the lady was very happy to provide!

This has to be my all time favourite tea, it completes my morning <3

I really love milky, sweet teas, and I think that this tea is THE favourite because it takes milk and honey really well. Indeed, it tastes ‘incomplete’ without them.
It’s best piping hot, although if I don’t finish my pot in the morning I have been known to bung it in the fridge for the afternoon.
It always cheers me up, a large mug of creme brulee, a good book and my nutbag cat are the best thing for a rainy afternoon like today. GAH, is summer a foreign concept, New Zealand?

smells a bit funky, like all caramel tea does, but is delicious with some honey and milk.

A sweet, smooth, classy tea that tastes like what it boasts and benefits well from a shot of creme brulee liquor. Dessert in a cup. It’s not particularly standout for me, but I would keep coming back to it simply because it’s a ‘reliable’ blend.

A bit hit-and-miss, this tea is either amazing or meh. I think the more recent batches have been heavier on the sweet aspect, without toning up the associated flavours, which possibly went a bit too far. Used to be my favourite T2 dessert tea, but the Caramel Brownie is a much more interesting & reliable option. This one needs to be brewed quite strong.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

I’m a newbie to more exotic tea drinking (until T2 came to Milton Keynes I drunk English Breakfast, earl grey and various herbals). I would never have considered drinking a creme brûlée tea as surely that is something rich, smooth and heavy more like a hot chocolate than a tea but I brewed it up from the 20 gem set and gave it a go. I don’t like milk in tea so decided to drink it black.

The smell is very Hazelnutty with a little caramel. The tea itself provided a nice background for the nutty vanilla and caramel flavours to come through. I found this really nice and relaxing. It’s not at all what I would have expected and I imagine that if you were into milky drinks it would work well with milk too. It was quite sweet and sugar was an ingredient so I’d need to check the calories before buying a it’ll cube of it but it was definitely a nice treat.

Flavors: Caramel, Hazelnut, Tea, Toffee, Vanilla