Jade Mountain

Green Tea
Burnt, Nutty, Popcorn, Toasted Rice
Edit tea info Last updated by beelicious

From T2

What’s life without a little bit of chocolate? Have your green tea and eat it too, with this mouthwatering blend of cocoa husks, brittle pieces, almonds, Gen Mai Cha, chicory root and blackberry. Savor the warm nutty flavor with hints of chocolate and hazelnut praline, and be taken to greener pastures with every sip.

About T2 View company

This one definitely needs to be brewed at a lower temperature, or it’s just nasty. Brewed correctly, it only has a mild genmaicha taste that is well balanced with the green tea and the sweeter nutty flavors. I didn’t realize it was a genmaicha tea when I bought it, or I probably wouldn’t have done so as I don’t tend to care for them. However, I like it now that I have it. It does have a strong genmaicha scent, which I don’t personally care for.

Flavors: Burnt, Nutty, Popcorn

Kittenna

I’m also so intrigued by people who brew greens at boiling or very close to, and claim to enjoy it. They are so much better when brewed correctly! It was a major revelation for me when I learned that. I can’t handle greens brewed above 190F or so now (unless they are ones meant to be brewed hotter).

Luckily this was free. Hated it because it was bitter and only tasted and smelt like 100% green tea. I ain’t tasting no ferrero or chocolate or anything remotely hazelnut. A bit of a let down when I saw many reviews about how chocolatey this is.

Still hate green tea with every bit of my soul.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

The tea mostly has a popcorn scent, which is due to the use of Genmaicha as its base. I would prefer a stronger hazelnut chocolate flavor which was, unfortunately, masked by the popcorn scent. Maybe normal green tea as its base would do the trick. Then again, its just my preference.

Flavors: Popcorn

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

One of my favourite green teas. Deliciously sweet and satisfying. I would recommend to brew for the full 3 minutes at 80C.

Love at first sip! This is my go-to tea when I want something in a flask to take out and about. Quite forgiving of varying temperature ranges and steeping times. I’m a big fan of genmaicha and this takes it to the next level—a delicious, divine, dessert-y level!

Flavors: Nutty, Toasted Rice

Never really been into green tea before but this tea changed my perception. While not the strongest green tea by any means it has opened my mind to trying more, especially given the health benefits! This tea has excellent hints of praline and hazelnut and, just like the man in the shop told me it would, has a strong resemblance in taste to Ferrero Roche chocolates.

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox – Round #5 – Tea #4
Sipped this one yesterday. Now here is a dessert tea! You can hardly tell this one is tea, it’s so sweet. The green tea is hardly noticeable in the both the flavor and the blend (so many goodies). I’m not sure why this mentions ‘blackberries’ in the blend. I’m not sure if it means leaves or the fruit, but I can’t taste either one. No fruitiness or that medicinal bitterness of the blackberry leaf. No chicory taking over either. The main note is like white chocolate or toffee. Very delicious — both steeps. This is why I love teaboxes!

Sami Kelsh

Oh man, this stuff sounds like the business. Might have to pick up a box next time I’m in London, as though I need any more tea…

So apparently, four days after release, this tea is sold out across Australia!! Which I kinda understand… I mean, green tea and chocolate… What an interesting combination! Who wouldn’t want to give this a try??

I’ve been trekking all across Adelaide trying to find this tea for my Aunt and unfortunately have competely struck out… Although the last store I tried yesterday did sneak me a couple of small bagged samples so at least we’re all getting to try it before we head home!

This tea is pretty interesting! I can’t really taste the green tea or any of the flavors I usually associate with this type of leaf. I do get considerable amounts of brown sugar, berries, hazelnut and cocoa or chocolate which I usually associate with flavored black teas not greens!!

I can understand why this tea sold out so quickly!! Fingers crossed the Melbourne stores restock and have some boxes available before we leave!