Jaffalicious

Black Herbal Blend
Artificial, Chocolate, Creamy, Orange, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Sample Sipdown! (29) This is one of a few remaining T2 single serve packets that I have left from a huge T2 sale. They had sampler packs and individual 100+ gram teas for $5 each, so of course I...” Read full tasting note
  • “190/365 I’m not sure how I’ve become the only person to have reviewed this particular selection of T2 blends? I came by them in the Hottest Hearty Brews sampler box, but from what I can see when...” Read full tasting note

From T2

Product description not available yet.

About T2 View company

Sample Sipdown! (29)

This is one of a few remaining T2 single serve packets that I have left from a huge T2 sale. They had sampler packs and individual 100+ gram teas for $5 each, so of course I bought a truckload…

I’m not sure why it’s taken so long for me to drink this one – I love chocolate and orange!

Anyway, this is pretty good! It’s not Three Friends, but you know… It has a nice milk chocolaty flavor that’s smooth and creamy, and a fairly good orange flavor that’s not too acidic and doesn’t taste too much like orange peel.

I will say, it’s just a bit weak, so would likely have required overleafing. This one in particular isn’t available anymore, so I guess I’ll never know if that would have improved it!

I’m sure it would have made a particularly yummy latte though!

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Creamy, Orange, Sweet

tea-sipper

Everyone who tries a new Chocolate Orange tea who tried Butiki’s: “Well, it ain’t Three Friends”. Nothing will ever compare! I hope Stacy is doing well, whatever she is up to.

Funnily enough there was a note in three friends that I didn’t like. Two friends that Stacy blended for me was where it was at.

Mastress Alita

One day I may finish off my sampler packets from that T2 sale, too…

Kittenna

I still have some Two Friends left. One package is good, and one is mediocre. It’s definitely the gold standard for all chocolate/orange teas!

190/365

I’m not sure how I’ve become the only person to have reviewed this particular selection of T2 blends? I came by them in the Hottest Hearty Brews sampler box, but from what I can see when I’ve been looking to see if some of them are still available, they have been sold individually as limited edition blends. Some of them are really good, so I’m a little surprised they haven’t garnered more of a following on here. It’s not like they’re a niche UK brand, either.

Anyway. Jaffa cakes aren’t really my thing, but this one promises to be chocolate orange and I can get behind that as a flavour combination. It’s a black tea, so perfect for first thing Monday morning. Something has to brighten things up, and it isn’t going to be work. I’m bored stiff a lot of the time.

First sip, and this one tastes quite a lot like a jaffa cake. The cocoa is the primary flavour to begin with, and it perfectly captures the dark chocolate coating. It’s perhaps a little dryer than I’d have liked, but still good, and I like that it’s not over-sweet or watery in the way some chocolate teas can be. The orange emerges in the mid-sip, with a slightly sour tang. It reminds me quite a bit of Terry’s chocolate orange at this point, in that the orange is unmistakable as a flavour but not quite natural-tasting. There’s a touch of biscuitty flavour towards the end of the sip, but it’s fairly fleeting. I don’t mind particularly, since I wasn’t really looking for jaffa cake; as a flavour combination, chocolate orange alone is fine with me.

I’m enjoying this one. The flavouring is excellent, and the black tea base is a sound pairing. There are a few from this sampler than I’m really sad not to be able to repurchase, and this is one of them. 50g of this wouldn’t go amiss in my cupboard!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Evol Ving Ness

Hmmm, perhaps the Unilever buyout has turned people off. I know that I personally prefer supporting small independent vendors whose vision is more in line with my own.

Scheherazade

I guess that could be it. Surprisingly, I don’t think tea is as big an industry here as it is in the US/Canada now. They’re aren’t a lot of choices when it comes to buying tea locally, or we don’t seem to have much in the way of independent vendors. That’s partly why I thought more people might have jumped on this when T2 came to the UK, although it might be reflective of the fact that there aren’t all that many active UK steepsterites.

Mastress Alita

I haven’t seen any of these blends available via T2 in the United States… I can only assume they make different blends available by region (AU, US, UK). * sad face *

Scheherazade

I’m not sure how old they are, to be honest. I don’t think they’re last year’s seasonals, so maybe 2016? I bought the sampler last year, but it was reduced and I feel like it might have been left over from a previous time. I fell out of the loop for a while at about that time.