Oriental Beauty Select Grade Oolong

Oolong Tea
Honey, Nectar, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “I think the reason I’m gravitating towards this varietal so much is that it very much reminds me of our most recent trip to New York. We visited Té Company multiple times during our trip, and this...” Read full tasting note
  • “I am enjoying another tea from my order at Taiwan Tea Crafts . Again this is an oriental beauty and very different vs the 2 ones I already tasted . It is on the fruit and honey side of Oriental...” Read full tasting note

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

The local name of Bai Hao best describes one of its characteristic features: the presence of a white furry tip accompanied by the 2 following leaves which are carefully picked in the summer time. Oriental Beauty is a summer tea as the grower must wait until his crop has received the visit of small green leaf hoppers that will nibble the leaves and leave their characteristic contribution to the taste of this tea: a wonderfully sweet honey finish that is quite distinctive and pleasant. A deep oxidation of around 75% confers a wonderful fruitiness to the liqueur followed by a light roasting to blend in and seal all the expressive characteristics of this tea.When pouring freshly boiled water over our Oriental Beauty Tea, one will immediately recognize the compelling exuberant aroma of citrus fruits that is characteristic of a good Beauty tea. The cupping will not disappoint either, as the velvety texture warms the palate and reveals the hint of spiciness that makes this tea a perfect accompaniment to cakes and sweets. This Lot 340 is not only as good as it’s predecessor (L-239) but it is less expensive, making it all the more appealing!

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

I think the reason I’m gravitating towards this varietal so much is that it very much reminds me of our most recent trip to New York. We visited Té Company multiple times during our trip, and this smells just like one of the teas I sipped in the shop. Really sweet and comforting, and shockingly affordable. I’ll definitely be grabbing more of this.

It is on the fruit and honey side of Oriental Beauty but is not as sweet and honey as oriental beauty premium grade Oolong lot 342. It is a tea somewhere halfway between the latter and Oriental Beauty Oolong Superior Grade lot 341 .

This is a very well balanced and absolutely delicious tea. The premium grade Oolong lot 342 remains my favorite though.

You can see pics of my session with this tea here : http://thevangeliste.wordpress.com/2014/11/16/oriental-beauty-select-grade-oolong-tea-lot-340-taiwan-tea-crafts/

Flavors: Honey, Stonefruits