Deep Baked Wenshan Bao Zhong Tea, Lot 585

Oolong Tea
High
Edit tea info Last updated by BigDaddy

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Simply scrumptious! Never had roasted/baked Bao Zhong before. If I didn’t know any better I’d swear this was a Dan Cong. Large twisted dark brown black leaves with flecks of green. Wet leaf smell...” Read full tasting note

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

Wenshan Bao Zhong tea is a good example of how Taiwan is so distinctive in its tea offering to the world. If there is one tea that is synonym with spring it is Bao Zhong tea! With its light and refined taste, Bao Zhong tea is the perfect choice for people who wish to drink green tea but are not attracted to its grassiness. Its gently curled, lightly oxidized full leaves of the dried tea are simply beautiful to look at. When steeped, the leaves unfurl rapidly to reveal their intriguing aroma of green vegetal notes that evokes buttered green beans with distinctive floral overtones. Nothing aggresses the senses. The liqueur is smooth, refreshing, and very pleasant. When baked with a bit more intensity than our Lot 591, the very heady flower notes are more voluptuous and complex and give way to a dominant nutty taste and texture; roasted almond butter to be more precise. The tea proposes a dry but not raspy texture with a good thickness that lingers into a buttery smooth finish. This is a complex yet still very refreshing cup that is quite accessible and enjoyable. This would be a very good choice for anybody wishing to be gently introduced to baked oolongs. This particular Lot 585 was baked in October 2016 using some of our Spring Competition Grade Tea!

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

1 Tasting Note

Simply scrumptious! Never had roasted/baked Bao Zhong before. If I didn’t know any better I’d swear this was a Dan Cong. Large twisted dark brown black leaves with flecks of green. Wet leaf smell of baked chocolate chip cookies and floral bouquet. The flavor has almond, butter, florals, and a sweetness that is dry in nature. Steeped 10/15/20/30/40/60/90 then flavors drop off. Been looking to settle down with my tea buying, you know choose a red, oolong, pu erh and stick with it and wasn’t really prepared to like this so much. Indeed I will now have to have more of this beauty.

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 30 sec 7 g 6 OZ / 180 ML
Daylon R Thomas

If only I wasn’t done with my budget for tea.

BigDaddy

My house needs work the yard is a mess and all that IRS money is finally here but surely I can spend a few bucks on tea first , right?

tanluwils

Very nice. I have yet to try baozhong oolong.