Organic Sun Moon Lake Red Jade T-18 Black Tea, Lot 807

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I haven’t been drinking any flavored teas lately. I just haven’t been in the mood. Because of that, I’ve been going through a lot of my single origin tea sample fairly quickly, which I consider a...” Read full tasting note

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

Mr. Li grows and produces tea with his wife and two teenager boys from leaves that never see a drop of synthetic pesticide. This cleanliness is definitely noticeable in the cup! “Clean” is again the word that comes to mind when the nectar reaches your lips, mouth and throat. This tea flows without dips or spikes in a harmonious balance of fruity and spicy notes without a hint of harshness. Compared to our previous Lot 644, this one is smooth and very fragrant thanks to additional tweaks made to the production based on our Tea master’s recommendation. As it is now our custom, we are now more and more inclined to select teas from cooler seasons as they tend propose a more supple body and the beautiful jammy fruitiness typical of T-18 teas. This Lot 807 is generous and full-bodied but with al little less astringency, and what aromatics! Red Jade Tea is as much a pleasure for the nose as it is for the taste buds! As producers of Red Jade Black Tea ourselves, we know when we are in the presence of a superior quality tea. This Lot 807 is definitely a benchmark Red Jade. Finally, this particular Lot was tested for compliance with the stringent EU norm for residual pesticide content and it came out squeaky clean – another good reason for supporting Mr. Li’s work!

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

1 Tasting Note

I haven’t been drinking any flavored teas lately. I just haven’t been in the mood. Because of that, I’ve been going through a lot of my single origin tea sample fairly quickly, which I consider a good thing! I have a few orders that I’m waiting on, but aside from those, I’m waiting until my cupboard falls below 250 to purchase any new teas. Hopefully I can keep to my self-imposed tea band this time.

As for this tea, it’s interesting. Brewing at 200degrees creates an incredible jasmine aroma, a floral flavor, and slight acidity. Lower temperatures yield quite a strong sweet potato flavor, but still with that acidity. Because of the slight sourness, this just isn’t my favorite.

Nattie

I’m doing the same, but trying to get below 100 before I buy any new teas. I’ve just got below 300 ha, I’ve got a long way to go.

amandastory516

It’s so tough! I love getting tea mail.

Nattie