JASMINE SILVER NEEDLE WHITE TEA - ORGANIC

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Hi Steepster folks, I’ve been a bit absent recently with reviewing teas. Also I haven’t been buying that much new stuff, trying to drink more of what I have. The tea pile still seems...” Read full tasting note

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our jasmine silver needle is a delicate white tea scented with the wonderful aroma from jasmine flowers. The best quality flowers are picked around mid July. They are then mixed with the silver needle, heated and separated several times over to infuse the silver needle buds with the scent of Jasmine. The tea produces a very pale yellow liquor, smelling of sweet and robust jasmine petals. The taste is sweet, leaving you with a full-bodied after taste of Jasmine. The jasmine silver needle is perfect for those who may find the regular silver needle too grassy.

Region:Fuzhou, Fujian Province, China

Steeping Guide:

Teaware: Glass or ceramic Gaiwan

Amount: 3g /1½ teaspoons

Temperature: 80°c (176°F)

Steeping Time: 1 to 2 minutes for the first two steeps and 3 to 5 minutes for the third and fourth.

*These steeping directions are for a traditional Gong Fu style tea, if you are brewing this tea in a regular cup we recommend steeping for 2 – 3 minutes. This tea can also been re-steeped 4 times.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

1 Tasting Note

Hi Steepster folks,
I’ve been a bit absent recently with reviewing teas. Also I haven’t been buying that much new stuff, trying to drink more of what I have. The tea pile still seems neverending!

This was a sample I got with my last Tao Tea Leaf order. I’m no a big fan of jasmine teas but if I’m in the right mood, they can be quite nice. I decided to steep this one Western style for 2 minutes and it became more full-bodied than I thought it would. The silver needle has a nice sweetness to it, also I am getting almond-y and hay type notes. The jasmine is clearly present but it isn’t overwhelmingly strong.

I feel this may have been better prepared in the gong fu style. I steeped mine Western style for 2 minutes and felt like some of the delicate white tea flavor got really lost. This is a pretty nice afternoon tea for me today but probably not something I will need to repurchase. I have one jasmine pearl tea in my cupboard and don’t think I need any more jasmines.

Fjellrev