High mountain (Jade) oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tealizzy

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I bought a sample of this tea, but I was a bit bummed by how much I actually received. The sample packet stated there would be 6g, but it was actually a little less than 5g. That meant I could only...” Read full tasting note

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our high mountain oolong is a bright, brisk and floral oolong. The teas pure taste is often equated with that of green teas. This tea is grown at very high elevations in the mountains of Taiwan. This tea is also known as a Formosa Oolong. This comes from the Portugese name for Taiwan: “Ilha Formosa,” meaning “Beautiful Island.” This tea has a complex mix of floral and brisk tastes with a smooth almost fruity finish.

Region: Nantou, Taiwan.

Other Names: Jade Oolong, Jade Formosa Oolong.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

1 Tasting Note

I bought a sample of this tea, but I was a bit bummed by how much I actually received. The sample packet stated there would be 6g, but it was actually a little less than 5g. That meant I could only have one session out of this tea rather than two. I guess I should have picked up the 1oz bag instead.

Besides that, this was a tasty tea – smooth, milky, brown sugar and light peach notes. It lingers in the mouth, so it’s worth taking a few minutes between sips to enjoy the aftertaste.