Dark Wood, Brown Toast, Malt, Marine, Resin, Bitter, Fishy, Astringent, Smooth, Toast, Wood
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by skibbereen gal

From Taylors of Harrogate

A proper brew. Pure and simple. To give our blend its refreshing flavour, strength and colour we use top quality Assam and African teas. In the tea trade we’re renowned for paying more to get the pick of the crop. Our experts travel the world to find the people who grow the best teas, which we then blend together using our secret recipe to create a traditional, satisfying brew.

Ingredients: Black tea

Brewing Instructions
100°C / 4-5 mins

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

A malty, full-bodied brew, this tea is everything a good English tea is supposed to be! Taylors of Harrogate didn’t scrimp on the amount of tea in each tea bag, and the combination of Assam and African tea leaves is so expertly blended that the result is the best tasting bagged black tea I could hope for. It is strong (which I prefer) and rich and flavorful, transmitting the mind to a cozy British fireside or a cottage table after a hearty meal (I tend to feel like Lucy having tea with the Beavers in ‘The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe’ :) I have no complaints about this tea other than that it isn’t organic. It’s perfect for breakfast or the afternoon. Great for any season, this wonderful, steaming warm brown brew is especially nice in the winter. Enjoy!

Strong, tasty, with a wonderful aftertaste

My favorite tea to date. Fantastic rich, strong flavor. Can be very bitter if steeped too long, but its fine otherwise.

Flavors: Dark Wood

Interesting flavor palate: bitter, malty, with a slight resinous taste. Very strong and filled with caffeine.

Flavors: Brown Toast, Malt, Marine, Resin

This is a tea that has that “classic” tea aroma when steeping. I would not know how to more precisely describe that smell, but I will add that it is lovely and evocative and reminiscent of long ago rainy mornings in early spring. As for the taste, when two teaspoons of sugar are added, the taste of this tea is absolutely solid, reassuring, traditional, malty delight. This is a tea you can really count on to give you that flavor, that boost, that comfort that you are looking for in your tea. I salute the makers of this tea!

I normally don’t like this kind of breakfast teas, but this one was rather ok.

A proper brew indeed. My go-to black tea.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Bought a great little sample box of 10 teabags at Gene’s Sausages (important, since this is an excellent deli, and I don’t want to forget where I found this). Made 5 bags in one coffee carafe full of water. Can’t have too much caffeine, so did not brew as long or strong as I might have, especially having read other reviews of it being strong . Even kind of weakly brewed, this has an assertive presence, which I like in my black teas. Sometime when I haven’t been plagued by muscle cramps, I’ll have a cup made more strongly, since taste-wise I do prefer that, and can tell this will suit very nicely.

I drink this tea every morning and absolutely love it. I’m quite picky when it comes to black teas and really enjoy the blend of flavours in this tea. I wish it was available in larger boxes here in Canada, but I got a 240 bag box whilst in England this past summer and have already finished half of it by myself in less than five months. The perfect tea for a proper brew!

I lowered the time and temperature on this one, plus added way more honey and cream than should be necessary, and it’s still just bitter. It’s also a little astringent but that’s not bothering me so much. It’s growing on me about halfway through the cup.

Second Steep
8 ounces water + 195 degrees + 18 minutes

This makes for a good second cup. I’m not sure I should push it for a third, but this one is satisfying.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter