Dark Wood, Brown Toast, Malt, Marine, Resin, Bitter, Fishy, Astringent, Smooth, Toast, Wood
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by skibbereen gal

From Taylors of Harrogate

A proper brew. Pure and simple. To give our blend its refreshing flavour, strength and colour we use top quality Assam and African teas. In the tea trade we’re renowned for paying more to get the pick of the crop. Our experts travel the world to find the people who grow the best teas, which we then blend together using our secret recipe to create a traditional, satisfying brew.

Ingredients: Black tea

Brewing Instructions
100°C / 4-5 mins

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

Strongest black tea I’ve been able to find so far. Great with milk and sugar.

I tried brewing this tea as I would any American tea. Wrong! I learned how tannic and strong this tea was and have since mended my ways. A hearty tea- I prefer in the afternoon with milk.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

One of my favorite breakfast teas (with milk and sweetener). Strong, flavorful, a little malty.

Whoa. This is definitely the strongest tea I have ever tried. Robust and reviving, it is a lovely rich red as your pour and brews to a seriously deep burgundy after just a few seconds. The smell of the dry tea leaves is quite intoxicating; it’s almost as enjoyable as final brew.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I had to be at work before 7 AM today, so after arriving at 6:40AM to the office (an ungodly hour to be at work in), I decided that I needed a brew. Problem: cup needed washing but the kitchenette was locked, no time for proper brew-basket brewing, and I was in dire need of something POWERFUL.
Solution: Yorkshire Tea in teabags.
This is my emergency tea stash, for emergencies such as these. I had a bit of milk left over in the fridge, some hot water from the “water bar” (which does not boil water to 100 C, I know for a fact. Boo), and a paper cup of happiness kept me company as I sleepily poked at the keyboard.
Bliss!

2005 tasting notes

There is currently a box of plain old Yorkshire Tea and a box of Yorkshire Gold Tea in my kitchen. I haven’t tried them nose-to-nose yet, but I had Gold yesterday and Plain Old today. Plain Old may be winning. I steeped both tumblers obnoxiously strong; Gold is sharper and pointier; Plain Old has more going on in the bass/baritone region. How’s that for mixed metaphors?

Both suitable for groggy Mondays and Monday reruns.

Terri HarpLady

So you could combine them in a tea pot & get the best of both worlds then? :)

gmathis

I was thinking I might try that this weekend—two side-by-side cups, then dump in a pot in the warmer for the rest of the day.

My favourite everyday bog standard tea. Brews dark and strong. Makes for a satisfying mug of tea.

Another tea I apparently didn’t log last night. Anyways, thank you Nattie for sharing but this just wasn’t for me. I tried it both with and without milk and neither really appealed to me much. Instead, it reminded me of the plain tea my great aunt and uncle from Britain make me drink and I am just not a fan.

very solid british black tea

use milk and sugar. or not. whatever is good