Butterscotch Blondie

Apple Skins, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Cinnamon, Pastries, Sweet, Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Creamy, Oats, Vanilla
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

From Tazo®

Rich black teas swirled with notes of smooth butterscotch & vanilla.

About Tazo® View company

I didn’t love this one the first time I tried it, but this time I find it much more pleasant. The main flavors are a light butterscotch and some sweetness. It’s a bit weak compared to what I expected, but I find it pleasant. Out of the Tazo dessert flavors, I definitely prefer the lemon flavor, and the other two I find decent, but I wouldn’t seek them out again.

Yes, I revisited this tea at work during the week. Yes it was still absolutely amazing. Sure, it’s bagged tea – but it’s actually really good bagged tea. Super sweet and rich, but it perfectly captures exactly what a Butterscotch Blondie, in my head anyway, should taste like. Which is incredible.

Mastress Alita

I’ll have to grab this one, I know my grocery store has all the Tazo dessert teas. I actually love the Lemon Loaf one, and like that it’s an herbal so I can have it before bed.

Daylon R Thomas

I 2nd the Lemon Loaf one. It also does not bug me as much since it green rooibos tend to be small anyway.

Kittenna

These dessert teas are really intriguing me. Will have to, at some point, swap with someone who owns them so I don’t have to buy them all myself! Hahaha.

Roswell Strange

I also liked the Lemon Loaf, though I found it pretty sweet. The Vanilla Macaron was just terrible, IMO, though…

YUM. perfect for the morning with milk and sugar. I dont taste much butterscotch but more of a cinnamon roll flavor.

I’ve been trying to brew this tea — every time I get it, I give it to my sister (who likes spicy dessert teas way more than I do). ….Finally opened a box before I had the chance to be nice. I like this tea. It’s good. I don’t have problems with it. I just had a cup today at work without milk and it’s good either way. One thing I like: it’s not sweetened in any way, but the flavors are strong enough that sweetness isn’t needed.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pastries

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

It’s good with milk.

I always try to keep a few boxes of bagged tea on hand for situations where brewing loose leaf tea isn’t practical and Tazo is one of the better brands I’ve found at my local grocery store. This particular blend smells AMAZING…just like I’m baking some kind of yummy butterscotch dessert! The flavor doesn’t live up to the aroma, but it does have a nice hint of sweetness as long as it isn’t overbrewed. That’s easy to do though, so I try to stick to shorter steep times and slightly cooler water when brewing this one.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Sweet

gmathis

A little milk improves this one, too.

Inkling

I’ll have to try that!

Did I get a bad batch of this or something??? It tastes like burnt coffee to me. I have never gotten that from a tea before. I don’t even smell butterscotch. Ended up sending these bags to a lot of my penpals just to get rid of it. Sorry friends. O.O

I bought a box on a whim because I love blondies. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting much, but I’ve completely fallen in love with this blend. It’s such a simple tea, but they’ve managed to create a tea that not only smells but tastes like baked goods. The aroma reminds me of the smell that fills your kitchen when you’re baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies…only there’s no chocolate chips. The cuppa is all brown sugar, butter, and vanilla with the slightest hint of spice. The black tea flavor is very light, and I don’t mind it for this sort of dessert tea; if I’m drinking a dessert tea it’s because I want the flavor of the dessert more than the flavor of the tea base.

It’s one of the best dessert teas I’ve had in a while. I might have to track down the other blends in the Dessert Delights collection, and I’ll definitely keep a box or two stashed in my pantry.

I don’t know what I did wrong. The first cup of this was sweet and had a decent caramel/butterscotch flavor/aroma. The second cup was astringent and awful. Maybe I need to use cooler water?

Wasn’t I just thinking about this tea? It showed up in the free tea area of the work kitchen and I am so excited to try it! I won’t even have to buy some to find out if I like it or not.

Gotta say, the smell of butterscotch is really strong. This is definitely a really desserty tea. It’s making my whole cube smell like butterscotch.

Taste-wise? Wow! Tasty! I added sweetener and milk because it’s a dessert black tea and it is really really good. I can taste the cardamom and cinnamon and what must be the chicory root and I was a bit afraid of that combination, seems like it would be too spicy for me but it’s actually very true to the butterscotch taste, with a bit of warmth at the end of the sip. I’d drink this again. I might even buy some if I come across some in the grocery store.

Lexie Aleah

Just bought some of this a few days ago and thought it was really great as well. It reminds me a lot of Mrs. Patmore’s Pudding Tea from Republic of Tea.

Really surprised gmathis and I are the only ones who have reviewed this tea. I’m betting it’s in grocery stores across the country.

Anyway, found this on the clearance shelf for like $2. I really like dessert teas and Tazo is usually pretty good. Not spectacular, but good for bagged tea.

I actually really like this. Creamy vanilla and burnt sugar with a mild note of cinnamon. I swear I taste star anise faintly in this, too, but it’s not listed in the ingredients. Maybe nutmeg? Something like that. Cocoa peel is listed, however, and I don’t detect that. This is a lovely dessert tea, buttery and caramelly.

The more I sip it, the more I realize this tastes like oatmeal. Like brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal. But with caramel.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Cinnamon, Creamy, Oats, Vanilla

Starfevre

Interesting. I may have to pick this up if I find it.

Lexie Aleah

Need to pick this one up.

Arby

I wish they sold these where I am. I want to taste them but I haven’t seen them in Canada.

gmathis

I fear that this is going to be a drink-it-NOW-because-it-won’t-be-back variety. I was very surprised to see Tazo heading toward the dessert line.

gmathis

(P.S. If it helps y’all shop, I picked mine up at Target.)

Evol Ving Ness

Sadly, we no longer have Target here.